What kind of chin liposuction do I need? I'd prefer one that's also done in one treatment.

I have unusual fat directly in my chin area. NOT under the jawline were chin fat usually is. And it is NOT BONE it's fat. Do i still get the same procedure as you would if it was under the jawline what are my options. And I would love it done in one procedure. I am also 21 if that helps.

Chin liposuction - for fat in the chin, not underneath!

Thank you for asking about your chin liposuction.
  • You need an examination to see what the issue is with your chin -
  • Once the cause is clear, then you and your surgeon can choose the best treatment.
  • It may be a lipoma (fatty tumor) which is easily removed.
  • So please see a plastic surgeon to find out the exact problem and thus, the best treatment.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What kind of chin liposuction do I need?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. From your description, I wonder if you have chin ptosis as there typically is no fat over the mentalis muscle in the chin.
I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin reshaping

It is unusual to have so much fat located within chin pad, although not impossible. It can be a fat deposit in a form of lipoma or other benign tumor of soft tissue? There are different ways that your chin can be reshaped. A detailed clinical evaluation to find out exact nature of deformity is needed.You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, SmartLipo works well for the submental area (under the chin). This will provide a bit of skin tightening while remove the stubborn fat. You will need to have  consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Without posting photos very hard to advise or recommend exact chin procedures. Most costs in $3,000+ ranges. Seek ONLY in person opinions.