Juvederm in NL folds while getting Ematrix for acne scars?

I've had two Ematrix txs four weeks apart for acne scaring on cheeks, third tx coming up in 10 days. Today I also had a syringe of Juvederm injected into NL folds. Will the upcoming Ematrix affect the filler results, "dissolve" or move it? I typically get highest settings on Ematrix. What is the consensus on combining fillers with Ematrix and in what order and time frame? Thanks!

No problems

This question has been answered and scientifically proven that eMatrix RF (especially the US machines with maximal power outputs of 50-75 mj per pin) would not degrade fillers, including HA fillers such as Juvederm. 

I frequently combine energy devices such as laser, RF (eMatrix) and fillers, however in Australia we have a 'clocked' version of eMatrix, meaning it can deliver 100 mj. This can break the upper layers of the skin, so, on the side of safety (infection wise), I space fillers and energy devices a week apart. This is only my suggestion and may not be shared by others. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

EMatrix and Juvederm

eMatrix is a great laser for acne scars and there is no contraindication in receiving Juvederm into the NL folds on a different visit.  The eMatrix will not dissolve the Juvederm filler. Best, Dr. Green

Ematrix after Juvéderm.

Energy devices  after  Juvederm can cause the product to dissolve or breakdown. I would recommend waiting a few weeks after your Juvéderm treatment especially if the treatment areas overlap. If the areas do not overlap, then you should be OK.

Ematrix and filler

There should not be a problem. Ematrix (and other resurfacing technologies like lasers) act on the top part of the skin (the epidermis) and fillers act in a deeper part of the skin (the dermis).

Check with the office doing the next treatment but there should not be a problem.

Hope this helps!

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

This shouldn't be a problem

The ematrix targets the upper dermis which is the upper part of the middle of skin. Fillers are deposited just under the lower layer of the dermis. So the ematrix effect and the juvederm are at two different levels of the skin. I would wait at least 1 to 2 weeks between the two procedures just due to not wanting to overload the skin as a whole with healing. There is absolutely no evidence that the ematrix would melt the filler.

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Most likely no relationship BUT why take the risks. Have the Juvederm injections done a week to 10 days later......