Which juvederm is best for your lips? I want great results both before and after the juvederm wears off.

I want my lips to go right back to normal both in feeling and looks once the jurvederm has wore off. I want a filling that is going to make my lips soft and realistic looking. Which one must I get to receive that look?

Is Juvederm the best lip filler?

There are a variety of hyaluronic acid fillers that can be used in the lip.  Juvederm is excellent to increase volume and should last 4 to 6 months.  For smoothing and defining the lips but keeping the volume the same, Restylane Silk is very elegant and usually lasts about the same amount of time.  Belotero is also good for smoothing but is of shorter duration.  All three feel natural a few days after injection.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for Lips

Juvederm offers a wide variety of injectable fillers.  It all depends on what the patients lips look like before and the desired outcome before we choose a product.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Which filler for lips

Great question. My preferred filler for defining/shaping the lips is Belotero. For volumizing the lips I prefer Juvederm. Either Juvederm Ultra or UltraPlus will work although in my practice I prefer Ultra because I feel it spreads better in the lips and gives a more natural result.

Juvederm is excellent for lip volumizing

Restylane Silk  is my preference for defining lips. Juvederm is my favorite for volumizing naturally. The choice between Juverderm Ultra XC and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is based on the size of your lips to begin with. You do get more of a kick from the Ultra Plus, but in some it is too much. Go to a pysician with a good touch and good aesthetic eye.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

For lip enhancement I prefer Juvederm Ultra or Restylane Silk but it does vary based on individual need, goals, and candidacy so I would recommend an in person exam.
Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Which juvederm is best for your lips? I want great results both before and after the juvederm wears of

More the amounts NOT the exact type of Juvederm. Usually patients DO NOT want to pay fr the correct amounts!

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane

Lip fillers do great and look natural if done with skill and expertise. For first time use I would use Juvederm Ultra over Voluma, this filler acts like an implant and stays much longer. Juvederm lasts about 9 months and your lips should return to previous state. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip augmentation

Just about any hyaluronic acid filler on the market that is used in the US can give nice results for lip augmentation . Some last longer than others.

Best filler for lips

There are many fillers available to enhance the lips, and the choice is dependent on many factors, including patient and physician preference. Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus are both excellent, temporary fillers for the lips, but they are not permanent, and your lips should go back to their pretreatment look and feel after it goes away. Occasionally, we see some long term enhancement as the body deposits its own natural tissue around the filler, but this is not common in my experience. Juvederm Ultra Plus will like ly give a better, longer lasting result as it is thicker, but it is off label. This means it is used by physicians, because it is safe and effective, but the FDA has not approved it for that purpose yet.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Depends on your goals

An in-person consult would be best to ascertain what your goals are, how much volume you have already, and how much more you may desire.  Sometimes we need more volume, sometimes we need more definition, and sometimes both!  Thicker products last longer, but unfortunately nothing lasts too long in the lips.   And finally, no matter which product you use, as it dissolves your lips will be back to "normal" in feeling and looks as you state.

Good luck!

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon