Would I need three or four procedures of coolsculpting or sculptsure where only one procedure of lipo would do the job?

I know that with coolsculpting, sculptsure, and ultrashape with these procedures you only lose 25% of fat reduction? Lets say somebody has all the fat in his belly, and he weighs 170 lbs average? If with lipo you can lose the entire fat from your belly in one time, but i am scared to get liposuction? Lets say i weigh 170 lbs, and all my fat is only in my belly would i need three or four procedures of coolsculpting or sculptsure where only one procedure of lipo would do the job?

Cool Sculpting or Lipo?

Dear James Michael, if you'd like to post photos I could give you a better idea. Surgery always yields superior results to any noninvasive treatment. It all depends on how your tissue (fat) lays out and what your goals are. I would seek consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who offers both and get educated on your body type where they can evaluate your starting point and goals. Best of Luck!

James, choosing  liposuction vs. non surgical fat reduction is very dependent on your goals.  Non surgical fat reduction with Coolsculpting we typically are able to reduce the fat volume by 25-30% reduction after 1 treatment at 1-3 months.  If another CoolSculpting treatment is performed, usually we can see additional fat reduction, which we commonly recommend to allow a treatment to transformation to achieve an optimal outcome.  However, if you have a large volume, and or you are looking for a more immediate result than liposuction may be a better option for you.  A full consultation with your surgeon where you can discuss your goals as well as your medical history would be ideal. Additionally risks, benefits of the procedures also should be discussed, particularly with liposuction which is a surgical procedure.

Liposuction vs Coolsculpting

Liposuction is definitely a quicker way to remove fat than non-invasive methods.  However, sometimes getting the fat out more slowly allows more time for skin retraction.  Speak to your plastic surgeon about which method would be best for you.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting or liposuction

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to say how many treatments you need without physically assessing you. I would recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a candidate. You will also be able to explore other options like liposuction and decide what fits you best. 
Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting Vs Liposuction

It is hard to say how many CoolSculpting treatments you may without seeing you.  There are pros and cons to all of the different treatment options.  A lot of the non-surgical treatments are great for people who have smaller fat bulges and who do not want to undergo surgery or have any downtime.  With the non-surgical options, however, you have to be patient because they usually take a few months before seeing the full results.  Also, you may need to do multiple treatments, so it may take even longer.  Liposuction can remove a lot more fat in a single surgery, but there is more downtime, swelling, and bruising.  It also involves general anesthesia.  There are many different options, and they all work great.  It is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon who offers many different treatment options.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CoolSculpting vs. Liposuction

CoolSculpting vs. liposuction. It is important that you choose a board certified plastic surgeon's office that offers more than one option. Upon evaluation your surgeon will be able to discuss the different treatment options and the risks and benefits. You will then be able to make an informed decision on which treatment options would be the best for you.  Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting Versus Non Invasive Coolsculpting/Sculptsure

Coolsculpting only does a small improvement in the treatment area and cannot give you defining and contouring.  It takes 90 days to see the 15-20% improvement from a single treatment. It is impossible to give you a treatment regimen without an in person evaluation, but with non invasive procedures this will likely take multiple treatments.  Liposuction can do a significant improvement much more quickly. Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Multiple non-surgical procedures or one procedure of liposuction for fat reduction?

It is true that more fat can potentially be removed with a single session of liposuction than with any of the non-surgical fat reduction treatments.  Some people do get improvement with a single session of one of these non-surgical procedures, but it is likely that multiple treatment sessions would be needed to approach the results that could be seen with liposuction in some people.  Without examining you, it is difficult to know if you might be a good candidate for one of these non-surgical procedures or liposuction.  It is also impossible to tell how many  of one of these non-surgical treatment sessions you might need without seeing you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lipo Vs. Cool Sculpt

Dear James Michael, Hard to give you detailed information without a photo but here is what we tell our clients. Cool Sculpting is a wonderful option for non invasive treatments of subcutaneous fat (the fat you can pinch and pull). It treats by applicator, one at a time. It often does need more than one on any given area. It all depends on where you are starting (and the result you are expecting) . Surgery is always superior to non-invasive options. Results will be better. I believe you need to go to a BC PS office that also has Cool Sculpt and then you will have both opinions and make the best decision for you. Good Luck!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon