I need info on what is happening with my left breast. I just turned 54 & I had a mommy makeover on March 16, 2015 (Photo)

4 wks post op, changes in L breast. Asked nurse if something wrong, said all fine & many changes in the next 3 months. I now feel rippled implant. He said skin stretching & can correct when I do another procedure. He starts talking about stretching , sagging . Fine w my "stretching" skin..little sag is fine.. I can get another procedure this summer & fix the same time. At that point I don't know what he was fixing... Has this happened to anyone & how it was corrected? Thanks for ANY info :)

Needs some time

You will soften and improve some over time, but you will likely need revision in the next three to six months to even out the asymmetry.

Left breast:

Your left breast nipple areolar is malpositioned laterally and it appears the implant is displaced medially on the left side.  We do not know what your breast looked liked prior to surgery so it is difficult to say what caused the issue.  You probably will need a revision surgery at a latter date with possible acellular dermal matrix.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

MMO

Thank you for your question. It seems like in order to have a full picture of what is going on with your left breast you would most benefit from an exam from your plastic surgeon. Remember that swelling takes a significant amount of time to resolve. Best to you. -Dr. Coan

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast settling

It will take several months to see the final results of your surgery before making any suggestions of a revision.

Asymmetry of the breast will probably require a revision.

The asymmetry the breast will probably require a revision. The maldistribution of volume below the horizontal pole may call for alternative surgical strategy such as a cellular dermal matrix or one of the new "form" implants.

Unhappy with breast lift and implants

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Your result looks nice in many ways but the L breast nipple is far off to the side.
  • There is a skin crease on the inner breast and perhaps a capsule.
  • An examination is needed to figure out what is going on.
  • Were your breasts asymmetric before surgery? Review your photos with your surgeon to see.
  • If not, the nipple position may be distorted by a capsule or from surgical positioning.
  • Nothing would be done for at least 6 months after surgery -
  • See your surgeon regularly, have photos taken to see if things change as you heal.
  • Six months after surgery, discuss correction with your surgeon and consider a second opinion before anything more is done.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Asymmetry after breast lift

Hard to say from the limited pictures but it looks like the left nipple is placed too far laterally.  You should definitely continue to see your surgeon and try to get a series of pictures taken every three weeks or so so you can track the progress as things mature.  It would not be unheard of to require a revision for symmetry once the scars are mature.

I need info on what is happening with my left breast. I just turned 54 & I had a mommy makeover on March 16, 2015 c

Poorly planned and preformed surgery has cause a very asymmetric result. Sorry. Best to seek revision in 3 months....

Breast Augmentation

Based on the pictures posted, it seems the surgery was a breast lift and breast augmentation.
Early results not so good. wait till swelling resolves and the re-evaluate with a new Board Certified Plastic surgeon. Most probably need corrective surgery within 3-6 months.