Infection or fat encapsulation? (Photo)

I get my lipoescupture 3D in bogota with a little bit of fat transfer just on top of my gluteo the skin have pseorisis but as u can see how it going changing those day fist was big as a grapefruit now it s like a nuts I m taking antibiotic today I finish it my doctor is in bogota and I don t know if I should fly there couse he say that I don t have to worry maybe need to find a nursey or Doctor who can pinch me and see if come out liquid of the infection Any suggestion I m worried

Liposuction and skin reaction

A skin evaluation can tell if this is an infectious problem or related to your psoriasis. To keep it safe, just go to a dermatologist for the skin and then get follow up with a plastic surgeon for the liposuction. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Liposculpture / Liposuction/ Hi Definition procedures/ Body contouring with fat grafting

I would recommend that your follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment at this time.  Since your surgeon is out of the country, ask to schedule a Skype appointment with him/her.  Also inquire if your surgeon can refer you to someone locally to manage your post op care.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Infection or fat encapsulation?

Unfortunately, that is the problem when you go out of the country to have Plastic Surgery.  The doctor is not available to see you if you have any complications.  Your best bet is going to the ER or an urgent care if you are concerned.  Usually it is very hard to find a Plastic Surgeon willing to see someone else's complications.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Infection or fat encapsulation?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your issues.  Unfortunately without an in-person examination it is difficult to determine what may be taking place - infection, inflammation, swelling, fat necrosis, cyst formation, etc.  I would recommend you see your original surgeon, or a local surgeon for an examination and discussion of the best treatment options. 

Fat Injections and Redness/Pain/Inflammation

Sometimes this is inflammation and not infection.  However, this needs evaluation. If there is fluid it should be removed/expressed.  If there is pain it should be treated and oral antibiotics can be used but should be used for 6 weeks minimum.  Sometimes people will give IM or IV antibiotics, but if you don't have sweats, fevers, chills this can be treated at home as an outpatient.  This soemtimes happens and is a consequence of fat injections and is likely not due to going abroad, but it is best to find someone in your local area who can follow this closely.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Infection or fat encapsulation?

The lesson is doing out of country surgery than having serious issues/complications as you present! #1. The 'double bubble" effect in your breasts. #2 the infected fat necrosis in the right buttock. You need IV antibiotic therapy for at least a week! Possible incision and drainage (I&D) of the fat necrotic areas in a surgical procedure. Please find a local boarded Plastic Surgeon willing to take over your care in MIAMI! Understand this will be very expensive treatments. Now you see the saying, "the cheap becomes expensive" applies! Call my office in MIAMI.  

Infection or fat encapsulation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Fat grafting infection

I have recently treat someone for the same problem with IV antibiotics in the hospital and then on oral antibiotics for several weeks.  They also had to have areas drained.  I did not operate on the patient. An ultrasound of the area with drainage and culture of that fluid is one option.  Whether or not a drain is placed is made at that time.

I think you should be a bit worried, as what you have got is most likely an infection that needs to be treated. I am not sure what would be best for you, but the options are flying back to your original surgeon or seeing a qualified doctor nearer to you. Personally, if money wasn't an issue, I would recommend the second one.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon