Infection? Need some aftercare advice. (photos)

I have been in contact with my PS and he said I should be using NO paper tape (I am 2.5 weeks post) and putting antibiotic. My right breast has a black incision line and I wanted a second opinion. Should I have tape on or let the incision breathe? I feel the incisions getting stuck to my bra throughout the day and I do not want to heighten the appearance of scars.

Post op instructions

You should follow your plastic surgeon's advice. Every surgeon has different post op advice. Here is the advice I give my patients: 
ACTIVITY: Avoid heavy lifting and straining for six weeks. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. DRESSINGS: These will vary from patient to patient. Some patients may be placed in a sports bra; others will wear a stabilizing elastic support strap. Your doctor will decide after surgery and in subsequent weeks, which dressing will suit your needs. SHOWERING: You may shower three (3) days after surgery. SUTURES: Most sutures dissolve on their own. EXPOSURE TO SUNLIGHT: Scars take at least one year to fade. During this time, you must protect them from the sun. Even through a bathing suit, a good deal of sunlight can reach the skin and cause damage. Wear a sunscreen with a Skin Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 30 at all times when in the sun. Be extremely careful if areas of your breast skin have reduced sensitivity. EXERCISE: You may take gentle walks within a few days, light aerobic exercise in 2-3 weeks, and unrestricted exercise after 6 weeks. DRIVING: You may drive when you no longer have pain, are no longer taking narcotics or muscle relaxants, and feel you can drive safely.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

I recommend you to keep following your plastic surgeon advices. In my practice, after performing a breast augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Follow you PS post op care

Thank you for the question. This question is best answered by your surgeon. We have different procedures in handling post operation treatment. So best to follow up with your board-certified plastic surgeon and follow his/her recommendations.Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Best to call your surgeon's private practice office in Bal Harbour (305 861 6881) instead of the "clinica" he did your surgery at to ask ALL your questions and to have in person follow up! The risks of using hired PSs from a "clinica" is NO FOLLOW UP!!!!!!!

Infection or not

The tape can cause tape burns which can blister.The black line on your right breast is probably some dry crusted blood.always keep tabs on your temperature.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Black scar on breast

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The black portion of your scar seems to be dried blood. Regarding the coverage protocol, every body has a different approach. In theory, the scar is sealed 24 hrs after the closure. Staying open at this point should be ok. You may protect the scar with soft tissue to prevent catching your bra.

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Incision care

It is normal to get some scabbing, especially with an anchor scar. Best to follow your operating surgeon's advice because he or she knows your case the best. Good luck!

2.5 weeks

I see nothing troublesome in the photos. But if you have concerns you should discuss them with your surgeon.  If you need a second opinion, an in person opinion is much mof likley to be helpful than one based just on these photos. 

All the best.