Why are my implants small?

5'3" 117lbs. Wanted full d. Dr used 450cc hp 20 silicone natrelle implantd. Post op wk1 I'm barely a d. Howuvj allergies woll.i he

Why are my implants small?

Without posting before and after photos no way to offer you any guidance. Seek in person second opinions from private practice plastic surgeons in Miami 

Why are my implants small?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. I am sorry however to hear about the concerns you are experiencing. Keep in mind, that your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.

It may help you to know that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. The vast majority of these patients who are initially quite emotional or "depressed" end up being very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred.

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

Generally speaking, BEFORE undergoing the breast procedure it is very important for patients to communicate size goals carefully with their surgeons. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) are very helpful. Bra sizers and computer imaging are also helpful visual aids. On the other hand, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Best wishes for an outcome you will be very pleased with.

Small #BreastImplants ?

From your description, your implants are not small, but these can look different on every patient. Early on, implants can seem small as they are being compressed by the skin and muscle. Wait for months to make any final judgements on your results. A photo can be helpful in judging the overall size as well.

Dr. Marin

Vincent P. Marin, MD

The size you selected is not considered a small implant. However, you are very early in your healing process. You need to give your tissue time to heal, let the swelling subside, and the implants settle. Once your implants have settle and you have healed, you may love your new look. Remember, this is the size that you and your surgeon selected. Also, not all bras fit the same, and there is a wide variation in sizes, especially in the larger sizes.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon