Did my implants slide to low on on my chest wall? 640ccs (photos)

Hi there ! I am wondering if my breasts appear like they have slid down my chest wall. I'm not sure how possible that is but I can no longer feel where my implant starts on my chest wall and it really feels like it has lowered. My fear is that I will get a bowling ball effect where all the implant appears to be one big squeezed ball in a sock. Let me know what your opinions are. Thanks in advance. I am 2 months post opt.

You appear to have a good result based on anatomy and implant size.

Based on your photos, your breast implants appear to have settled properly into the breast pocket. In the long run, if you want your breast to maintain a perky appearance, be mindful to properly support them, as they now weigh more due to the weight of the implants. Many women make the mistake of thinking that because implants have given them full, perky breasts, they don’t need to wear supportive bras. Wearing sexy tops that don’t allow for a bra may look nice and is fine on occasion, but gravity will do what it does over time if you fail to support your new, larger (and heavier) breasts. Best of luck to you.  

Did my implants slide to low on on my chest wall? 640ccs

Based on your before and after photos your implants seem to be sitting where they should be. I recommend patients wear a good support bra after augmentation especially given the size you have gone. With time gravity always wins. Best of luck.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Based on your before pictures provided and the implant size you have a good result. I encourage all my patients to begin wearing supportive bras during the day. Be sure to get sized before purchasing a post breast augmentation bra in order to ensure that you have the right size and support needed to support your breasts long term. Underwire bras are acceptable as long at they fit the implant and do not “dig in”. There is not one brand or style that we recommend. Any brand should do as long as you get a “pop” or “push up” from the bra. This demonstrates that the bra is supporting the weight of the implant, instead of the skin. It is also important that when exercising or sleeping you do not wear tight fitting sports bras that just “smash” or compress your breasts. When you had natural breasts, the tighter the sports bra, the better it was. Now with implants, you need side and bottom support from the sports bra. When choosing a sports bra after breast augmentation surgery, we recommend a sports bra with a built in bra or cups that will contain and support the weight of the implant. We find a sports bra similar to the VSX line at Victoria’s Secret that is padded and has an underwire supports the best. We encourage you to support your breasts 24/7 in order for you to continue to love your breasts long into the future. Wear your surgical sports bra (or similarly supportive bra) at night for at least 3 months.

Remember, if your breasts are headed south towards your belly button, you need more support during the day; If they are going into your armpits, you need more support at night.

Implant Position

Based on your photos provided, the implants appear to be settled in a proper position. The first post op photo shows the implants sitting high- this is a temporary condition while healing. I recommend that you meet with your Plastic Surgeon in person for assessment if you feel that something is concerning or unusual.

All the best

Implants too low?

Hello, based on the photos provided your implants have settled, which is normal after breast implant surgery. The correct final position depends on each person's anatomy.  If you have concerns it is worthwhile having a discussion with your surgeon and they can follow your progress.

Implants too low

After looking at your photos I think they are fine.I would weasra bra early on for support.This will help keep them up.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its not time enough to express valid results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Your implants look appropriate for such very large implants. They are not bottomed out or too low consideriong your pre op breast and the size of the implants.

Implant moving downward

It has been my experience that very large implants are more affected by gravity than smaller ones.  It is therefore not uncommon for a very large implant to migrate downward such as happened to you.  In these cases, I have relied upon support of the weight of the implant with a piece of Strattice at the bottom of the pocket.  I recommend you discuss your options with your operating plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

From the before to now the result is EXCELLENT! The ONLY way to elevate is a Full Lift! Discuss with your PS.