What can I do to make my implants look more natural? (photos)

I'm 2 mos post op. I have 275 smooth silicone moderate profile implants. Top of implant placed below the muscle. I have done massaging, although there are days I have forgotten. In clothes they look fairly natural, but in a bikini, they are so clearly fake. The tops show the implants! Especially the left. Has it come out from under the muscle? My friend who is almost identical sized and has the same sized implants looks so much more natural in a suit. I'm 8 weeks post-op. What can I do??

Implant fullness on top?

From your photographs, I can appreciate what you don't like.  The same implant on different women can produce entirely different results.  There are so many other variables involved.  It appears to me that you are fairly thin. In my experience, when patient such as you, a shaped implant particullary a moderate height moderate projection will have a softer top and less obvious transition from the chest wall to the beginning of the breast. Ask your plastic surgeon for their opinion.  

Fat grafting for more natural look

You have great result from augmentation based on the limited views. You have very small amount of soft tissue to cover your implants and the best option would be to do fat grafting.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

"Fake" look

Because of your low body fat and your small amount of natural breast tissue, you have less "insulation/cover" of your implant than some others. This reduces the ability for you to achieve a "softer" look. Having said that there are two other things to consider.

#1 - You are ONLY 8 weeks post-op. The form/shape/position/firmness of your breasts will still undergo noticeable change over the upcoming 4-6 months so I would withhold final judgment until then.

#2 - If the left is different than the right it may be in a slightly different position or you may even be in the early stages of developing capsular contracture. Either way I recommend again waiting another 4-6 months for final evaluation.

If you develop an objectionable capsular contracture, it will require surgery to improve as would an objectionable positional asymmetry. If there is no capsular contractor or position problem, and if the "harshness" of the implant contours remains an issue to you, you could either consider fat grafting to the transitional areas or removal of the implants.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Fat grafting

I agree with the other two physicians that the cause of your trouble is your very thin chest wall tissues. The best way to thicken the tissue is with fat grafting all the edge of the implants to give you a much more natural look. You also get to get rid of some fat from where ever you would like to as a side benefit. Good luck.

Without posting in nude photos very hard to advise, like giving half a testimony! You appear slender with little body fat, so the implants even undertake muscle could shoe edges. The only idea would be superficial fat grafting to camouflage the implant edges. Fee $5,000. 

Implants look fake

I agree with you and this is due to the fact that you do not have  alot of soft tissue over the superior aspect of the implant so you have that sharp border.what I do with some of my patients is recommend some fat grafting to the top of the implant to make it look more natural.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants - don't look natural

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• You have small implants placed under the muscle to conceal them but your chest is very thin.
  • Your result looks excellent but being thin, the edge of the implant is visible.
  • If your left breast feels firmer than the right, you may have a capsular contracture making the implant more visible. 
  • Fat transfers may help to conceal the implant rim - this is something to discuss with your surgeon.
  • But please have nothing further done for another 4 months to allow the surgery to completely heal.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS