Are my implants too big for my frame? (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation 4 days ago. Periaolar, mentor moderate + 425cc on both, under the muscle. But I am starting to worry if the implant is too big and wide for my breasts. Can you please voice your opinion.

Are my implants too big for my frame?

You are very early in recovery, quite swollen from surgery and at this point I would not be concerned that your breast implants are too big. Give your self time to heal and the breast implants to adjust to your body. They will look much more natural, soft and appropriate after the next 3 months. Of course it is important to keep in contact with your surgeon and expressed her concerns to the surgeon and not rely on the Internet advice.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants / Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Implants

Thanks for your question. You are still early in the recovery period. Please give it time. Continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Breast implants after 4 days

Hello and thank you for your question.  Your breasts look like you are healing wonderfully.  Having anxiety over the size of your implants immediately following surgery is normal.  Please allow adequate recovery and trust your surgeon you chose.  Post surgical swelling can take up to 6 months to resolve.  Hope this helps.

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Are my implants too big for my frame?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.
You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small.I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.
There are both physiological and “psychological” reasons to wait on having revisionary surgery. From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play.
From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

In your case, I would suggest continued patience. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Early days

Even for very early post-op, I think your implants look very reasonable on your frame.  It is not uncommon to have size anxiety early on.  Trust that you have had adequate pre-op consultation & that you will get the outcome that you desire.  All the best.

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Implants too big

I think you will be fine.Since you are only 4 days out I would give them time to settle and the swelling to go down.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Too big after augmentation?

It is way too early for you to have buyers remorse. Wait a while and I think you will be very pleased. You do not look out of proportion to me

R. Louis Adams, MD

Implants at 4 days

You do not look like you got excessively large implants. You are also very very early in the recovery period. Best of luck.

Are my implants too big for my frame?

You are ONLY 4 DAYS POSTOP!!!! But my guess is they might be to small after swelling subsides..........