Are my implants too low? (photo)

I feel like my implants sit very low - I am 6 months post op. Is this how they should look?

Breast lift?

Do you feel that it is too low?  Would you prefer the scars associated with a lift?

It looks like you have some skin laxity and could use a lift to help with the shape - but this photo is not that useful.  Ultimately, a physical exam should be performed by an ABPS plastic surgeon prior to any decision.  Better pictures would help though.

In general, here are some suggestions for better (more helpful) clinical breast photos:
1) Take the shirt or any bra off - Don't pull it up or lift up
2) Have a friend help you - don't take them yourself.  Stand straight.  Photos should be taken as "level" as possible
3) Photo from the bottom of the chin to the umbilicus (belly button).  Include full shoulders and arms down or behind your back
4) Good Light
5) Multiple angels.  Mostly we want to see two good laterals from each side (standing straight looking from the side - otherwise your profile) and a good photo from the front.  Obliques (or 1/8th turn if you ever took ballet) and arms up photos also help!

Very Best

Are my breast implants too low?

Thank you for your question.  As others have mentioned.  Implant position looks fine but you do have some sagging of the skin or mammary ptosis.  If you want the implants and breasts to look higher than a breast lift will be necessary.  For more information please read the link below:

Implants too low

From your photo they seem to be fine.Again it is a personal choice and preference.I would wear a bra to support them.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Are my implants too low?

Thank you for posting a foto with your question. It seems the problem is not that the implant is too low, but that there is skin laxity and therefore some ptosis to your breasts. I simple lift during the initial procedure would have avoided the "sagging". If you initially wanted a Breast Augmentation, without the scars that come with a lift, then this is a reasonable result for a BA without a lift on a patient with ptosis. If you are unhappy with the result I would recommend a Revision Breast Lift in order to tighten your skin envelope and lift your breasts. Pocket revision might not be necessary, but it is easier to say with an in-person evaluation. There are different types of lifts with different types of scars but they fade with time and the results are definitely worth it.

Best of luck on your procedure.

Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Are my implants low?

Thank you for the question and the picture.    Discuss your options with your surgeon.   A breast lift might make your results more exceptable to you.                Good Luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

6 months post op, some advices:

Thank you for sharing your question. 

If you're not comfortable with your results I recommend you to have a personal evaluation to see what options you have such as lift. 

Kins regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Augmentation mastopexy

you have breast ptosis which has probably worsened after your augmentation.

You are a candidate for a mastopexy or breast lift which should be performed by a board certified plastic surgeon. Your nipple areolar complex can also be made smaller.

The location of your breast augmentation incision is very important for surgical planning.

Implants too low

It is hard to be sure without an examination, but it appears that you have some skin laxity. It looks like you would benefit from a Mastopexy or lift and tightening of the skin over the implants. I would discuss this with your surgeon.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Are my implants too low

A before pic would help to assess your breast position before implants. It appears based on your current nipple position that you had some laxity pre op.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Are my implants too low?

Based upon only 1 posted photo without any before posted photos to compare appears to me as a very good result.