I am wondering if I could get away with a subglandular implant without lift? (Photo)

I am wondering if I could get away with a subglandular implant without lift

do think you can have it but you need to be willing to accept that your breasts will look saggier, although they will be larger and fuller, so you need to make sure you are willing to live with that limitation

Subglandular vs. lift

Yes you could do a subglandular breast augmentation. Yes, you could find a surgeon to do it.

No, it is highly probable you would be extremely dissatisfied with the final long term result. Implants only make "your" breasts bigger. Your breast right now are low as are the nipples. The surgeon must first "create" the breast shape/position/symmetry you desire and add the implant for size and/or fullness.

In my opinion, either do nothing or accept the trade off of the scars.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

I am wondering if I could get away with a subglandular implant without lift?

Thank you for your question and photographs. Unfortunately I think you will not obtain a satisfactory result with only implant placement. You have a moderate amount of breast sagging and excess skin to your breasts that will not correct itself with implants alone.A lift will correct both of these problems while also placing your nipple and areola into an elevated more youthful position and improving your shape and contour. Hope that this helps.

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant without lift

Thank you for your question and your photo. Many patients are concerned with scarring. An augmentation alone will create bigger breasts. Very little lifting occurs with an augmentation.   A lift will create fuller breasts with a more youthful appearance.  The scars are a tradeoff.  So to answer your question, it is possible to perform an augmentation without a lift, but you may not be happy with the final result.  Based on your photo, I believe an augmentation with a lift will result in a better outcome. You need to discuss your goals and desired appearance carefully with your plastic surgeon.   Looking at photos of women with similar shaped breasts should be helpful in making a final decision.  Good Luck,  Beverly Friedlander, MD

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Based upon the posted photo a big maybe? Because you have a slight sag appearance.Plus you will need rather larger volume implant, like 500 cc ranges, to adjust possibly for the sag. If after 3 months from implantation you could have a lift done as a secondary operation. Best to seek many in person opinions from only private practice boarded PSs in MIAMI....

Lift or not

A lift involves more scarring.If your nipple is at or above your inframammary fold you probably can get by with a simple aug ABOVE the muscle

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Subglandular implant without lift?

Thank you for the question and picture. No, I do not think that you will have a good result with breast augmentation surgery alone. Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry.

Select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well. Best wishes.

Based on your photos I would recommend a lift. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD