I don't know what to do, I just want this surgery. Any suggestions?

I made deposit at South Florida Center for Cosmetic Surgery of $1000. I USED to be epileptic but went to my neurologist and got clearance and was told that she was happy to do so because anesthesia is the best medicine for seizures in a joking manor. Its been over 5 years since I have had a seizure. They will do the procedure in the hospital but only lipo not the Brazilian butt lift which is what I signed for. Im devastated. What can i do? Ive spent so much $.scheduled this apt over 2 mnthsago

BBL cancelled - for no reason

Thank you for asking about your BBL.

• I am so sorry you are being put through this.
  • Presumably the surgeon at the Center got cold feet once he heard 'neurologist' and 'seizure.
  • I know you want the surgery - but in your case, I would go somewhere else.
  • You are owed a refund of you money - as allowed by whatever agreement you signed. 
  • If they won't refund it and you paid by credit card - you are likely to get a refund via your credit card company - on the grounds that your agreement was for an operation that the Center will not do.
  • If you paid in cash or by check - you can file a claim in Small Claims Court.
  • Filing a complaint may be satisfying but it will not solve the problem of your having the surgery you want.
  • Once your deposit is refunded, find a new and more confident plastic surgeon to help you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Seizure History

I have encountered patients facing this approach many times. As the father of a child with a seizure disorder, I know how frustrating this can be. Your neurologist is correct. Some of the medications used during your surgery do have an inhibiting effect on seizure activity.
Every case must be treated individually but so far in 26 years, I have not encountered a patient with a history of a seizure disorder who was NOT a candidate for in office surgery nor have ANY of them ever suffered a seizure during surgery or in any meaningful period after the surgery.

Ask whether this is a CLINIC POLICY or a SURGEON PREFERENCE. Maybe another surgeon there would feel more comfortable performing your surgery.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

You deserve the refund if this "clinic" has cancelled your surgery with a neurology clearance... You can file a compliant with the Dept of Health (DOH) FL Board of Medicine. Otherwise at that very inexpensive fee the results would have been questionable. Count yourself lucky! Seek PRVATE PRACTICE BOARDED PSs to offer you the BBL correctly.

BBL vs lipo

I guess the best thing to do would be to talk to your doctor there and also someone in the business office.For sure there has been some misunderstanding.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon