I stopped breastfeeding 1 yr ago but still have a little bit of milk if I press my nipples. Breast Augmentation safe?

I breastfeed for 13 months my daughters. I stopped on October 2015 Its been over a year but when I press my nipple there's a little bit of breast milk discharge. Is it safe for me to undergo Breast Augmentation Inframmary Incision and under the breast muscles and tissue?. I have tried probably about every step there is to dry my boobs, herbs, pills... but still have discharge if press. I want to know if im gonna have any risks? it seems as it would never stop being there

Nipple discharge and breast augmentation

At one year post breast-feeding, it is not unusual to have milky discharge from the breast. This is not an absolute contraindication to breast augmentation. However, most plastic surgeons would likely agree that an evaluation from your OB/Gyn is in order to make sure that what you are seeing is normal and not concerning. I do agree that avoiding the areolar incision is the right choice.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Post Breast Feeding BBA

Thank you for your question. Your Plastic Surgeon will likely want to avoid a peri-areolar incision. Discharge can last years after breastfeeding but your breasts should be fairly stable by now. Talk about your concerns with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person.

All the best

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon for there to be small amounts of breast milk when the breast is squeezed up to a year after breast-feeding.

The most important point is that he do not have a periareolar incision but have your breast augmentation performed through an incision underneath the breast.  In addition your surgeon should cover the nipple and areola with Tegaderm during surgery.  If these precautions are followed I see no reason why you cannot have breast augmentation.

For my practice I would require a written medical clearances from you OB/GYN and an endocrine MD before offering you an augmentation. Safety first!

Nipple Discharge

I would recommend checking in with your gynecologist regarding this concern.  As long as the discharge is non bloody, it is likely of little concern but having the evaluation would be prudent. 

Should be

Ok, as long as your surgeon does not use a areolar incision. The nipples can be covered/sealed prior to surgery with a dressing, keeping any discharge out of the surgical field. I recommend you see 2-3 properly qualified surgeons in your area for consultation in person to get their opinion.