I am having smartlipo done on 20 areas on November 3rd (4 days from today).

Areas include: Upper abdomen, Lower abdomen, flanks, lower back, Inner thigh, anterior, posterior thigh, hips, knees and calves.....Is this too many areas to do at once? Do you think I will be able to travel home (1.5 hour flight) on Sunday and return to work on Monday?

hi. It's not about the number of areas but rather the volume suctioned. In Florida the list , by law is 4 liters as an outpatient procedure. If done in a hospital ,large volume liposuction can be performed. Good luck.

Dr. pG

SmartLipo

Thanks for your question. Your board-certified doctor should have gone over these concerns with you. The only way to determine if this is too much or not, is by your physical examination results. Regarding travel post-procedure- this many areas may require more downtime. You should determine traveling on how you feel- same for returning to work. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Whole body lipo won't have you back in the office on Monday

Take a week off to recover. You're going to be sore from the neck down. Make sure you wear your compression garment religiously and go for frequent massages right away.

I am having smartlipo done on 20 areas on November 3rd

Thank you for your question. Please ask this question your surgeon and it also depending on your tissues and recovery. I feel like it is a lot of lipo at one time.

Make time for aftercare after liposuction--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish, Cellutone

This would really depend on your evaluation and the scheduling of procedures should be discussed with your doctor.  I have all my patients stay 7-10 days after large volume hi definition liposuction. I do recommend giving your body some time to heal. I also recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Smartlipo

Thank you for posting your question. Even though it depends on the amount of fat and size of each area, I think having twenty areas done on the same day is a lot. After the procedure, your body needs time and rest to heal. With the number of area you are having Smartlipo for, your body may require extra time to adjust and settle into its final shape. Different physicians do things differently, but I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your physician before the surgery. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Safe Body Sculpting

In my opinion, it's a lot in one day.  In my practice, I would split this into two different procedure days.  When I do this, I'm able to be more thorough in the sculpting.  It's typically easy on the patient as well.  We all have different ways of practicing the art of safe surgery so discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Not enough medical info like ht and weight. Plus amounts of lipo planned to be removed? Best to re think this. Are you going to boarded S or just a cosmetic doctor. Is the surgery local only vs general/local? There are to many 'red flags' as far as i can tell. But over the internet not forum to be asking these questions. You need in person second opinions ASAP.