I have a question about my post Lipo stiffness and hard.... Any suggestions?

.Is it normal? What can I do to get it soft...I asked my ps he said it gets hard before it start getting soft and I don't need to wear compression garment. .I'm 2 weeks out of bbl....Any suggestions and massages seems to make things wors er for me....sigh..help.

Liposuction and hard tissue

Thank you for your question. I agree with other physicians. It will take about 6 months to see the final out come . Please re evaluate in 6 months. Meanwhile venus legacy can be tried and please ask your PS about it

Liposuction - how to get tissues soft?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.Becuase you are swollen, your tissues will be firm. If massage makes it worse, all you can do is give it time. It can ake at least 6 months for liposuction areas to return to normal - one has to be patient. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Lipo Firmness

Yes, your surgeon is absolutely correct. Because of the early normal swelling and inflammation, the areas are quite firm for some time. The softening and reduction in swelling is a process, not an event, and happens progressively over a period of many weeks. This softening occurs whether you have massage/garment  or not.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

hardness and induration after liposuction must be treated immediately with massage and RF treatments.  Please see an expert for treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer.

BBL post op

You need to discuss with your surgeon what he proposes in terms of post-operative care. Best of luck.

You only should follow you chosen surgeon's postoperative protocols! In my practice we start early lymphatic massages and external ultrasound therapies, BUT that is MY practice.