I am praying my boobs will drop (Photo)

This is currently what they look like. It's only my 5th day after surgery but I am hoping that by next week my boobs will have dropped SOMEWHAT. I am hoping they are not like this forever...

It’s normal for breast implants to be high immediately after surgery.

Thank you for your photo. At 5 days post-op, it’s very normal for your breast implants to be riding high. You may see some dropping in a week, but keep in mind that breast implants can take up to 6 months to fully settle into place. The implant settling process requires your muscle, tissue and skin to slowly stretch to accommodate the implant, and dropping can take especially long if your implants are placed under the muscle. You can ask your plastic surgeon to show you some massage techniques that may encourage your implants to drop more quickly. Try not to worry at this stage of your recovery process and simply allow your body to rest.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures with information as well. I suggest you patiently wait, because it is too soon for them to drop, you have to wait a couple of weeks and they will. Be patient, your results are beautiful! Keep using your surgical bra.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for the question and the photograph. At 5 days post operative you are in the very early stages of healing. It is normal to be swollen and the implants appear too high due to the inflammatory and scarring processes that are occurring during this time. Over ensuing months these processes will subside and the inflammatory process gives way to scar softening and remodeling. The swelling will start to abate and the breast tissue will relax and accommodate allowing the implants to settle into their desired position. As the implants settle the nipples will appear to lift and the breast fills and begin to take on their more normal appearance and feel. These processes may occur at differing rates so that the breasts may not necessarily "settle" at the same time. I tell my patients that they will not see their results for at least 3-6 months.

High riding implants

Hello there, it has been only 5 days since your breast augmentation procedure, and I agree with you that the implants are riding high. It is common to have initially have riding implants, especially when going from a small breast to a fairly large implant. The implant should over time (usually 4 to 6 months) expand the lower part of the breast and settle. In the interim I suggest that you see your surgeon so that he can give you some needed reassurance.  

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Hang in there! As long as the shape and feel are improving week to week, however slowly, there is still hope for the final outcome. Ask you plastic surgeon if there are any compression garments, stretches or massaging exercises that can help speed your recovery.

Breasts Dropping

Congratulations on your recent surgery!  It is very common for implants to ride high after surgery.  Over time, they should settle nicely, but that takes time.  Unfortunately, I do not think you will have a significant difference by next week.  If often takes several months for final shape and position to develop.  Be patient and you will get there!  Best of luck.

Carmen Kavali, MD

High-riding implants

Hi, there
Implants tend to ride high after surgery.
Depending on the implant pocket and implant size, some will have more of high-riding implants what will last longer.
Please allow 3-6 months for implant to settle down.
Follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instructions.
Best regards.

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  At only 5 days post-op, it is far too soon in the healing process to determine what your final result will look like.  I tell my patients to wait at least three months as their breasts need to heal and drop into place.  Be sure that you carefully follow the instructions of your surgeon as you move forward in the healing process to ensure optimal results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

I am praying my boobs will drop

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

High implants

Thank you for your question.  Yes it is normal for the implant to sit high right after surgery.  Each week they will settle more and more.  At your next follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon discuss your concerns with them to put you at ease more.  Best wishes.