I want a normal looking stomach. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had two hernia repairs. One when I was 9 and another after my first child at 20. I'm now 33 and would love to have revision surgery without a tummy tuck. I would love to be able to wear a two piece for the first time in my life. I do have keloid skin so that's why I'm opting for not having a tummy tuck. Will someone please tell me options and what surgeon is best.

I want a normal looking stomach. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Depending on an in-person examination of your tissues to identify the cause of the indentation you may be a candidate for an umbilicoplasty.  Using incisions around your belly button any scar tissue present can be released to achieve a flatter appearance while ensuring that your hernia repair remains intact.  Hope this helps.

Normal Stomach

Thank you for your question and picture. Without a physical examination it's difficult to make a clear diagnosis and therefore even more difficult to come up with a plan. There may be abdominal wall issues as well as skin and subcutaneous tissue issues. However just based on your photo it might be possible to do fat grafting to raise the depression followed by a scar revision. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon, perhaps with a focus on abdominal reconstruction. Good luck!

Enrique Hanabergh, Jr., MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

If you really have keloid issues than ANY incision could cause a keloid scar. Thus surgical excision would NOT be a god option. But in my over the internet opinion that inexactly what you may need. Best to seek MANY in person consultations..