I just had a mommy makeover, but my stomach seems weird and uneven. Is this my final result? (Photo)

I just had a mommy makeover on December 16, 2014. I look at my self in the mirror and I seem bigger on my upper stomach then i do on my lower stomach is this my final result? My bellybutton also looks weirds.

Seeing the Final Results of a Mommy Makeover

Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation or #AugmentationMastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.

But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
Healing after a  #tummytuck will also require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks.
Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation.The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations. 

Mommy Makeover Recovery Time in Melbourne, Florida

In discussing Mommy Makeover with my Melbourne, FL, plastic surgeon patients, I always have a discussion about recovery time. Everybody has swelling and it varies greatly from patient to patient. In your situation, it seems way too early to make a judgment about the final result as it can take months for swelling to go away and a full year to truly see the final result. Early on things can seem unusual looking and uneven and rest assured that this will change with time and generally look a lot more natural and feel a lot more natural as well. I would give it more time and be sure to follow all your followup appointments with your board-certified plastic surgeon for your possible postop care. Best wishes to you!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Post mommy makeover

At not even 4 weeks you certainly have swelling that would mask the result of your surgery. It can easily take 4-6 months to begin see your final results after a big surgery like you had.  Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Status post Mommy Makeover

Your pictures look appropriate one week after surgery. Over time the swelling will subside and your abdomen should take on a more normal appearance. Continue to follow up with your operating surgeon as advised so they can walk you through the healing process

Mommy Makeover final result

One week is too recent to think about the final result of your surgery. You must wait several months and follow the guidance of your surgeon to reach a good result.

Aramis Vega, MD

Concerned about upper abdomen

Thank you for your pictures.  It's way too early too be concerned.  Your result looks very good for only a few days removed from surgery. 

Less than a week post op mommy makeover

It has only been 6 days since your surgery.  It will take at least 6 months before the vast majority of the swelling has subsided and you can evaluate your results.  I know its hard to be patient, but you need to wait that long in order to really know what the result will be.

So far so good after mommy makeover.

You are very early into the convalescence. From the photographs provided I see no problem in no reason to be concerned.

Healing time

6 days is too early to see a result-  you should discuss any concerns with your surgeon who should have arranged a post operative review ,

M. Dalvi Humzah, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Questions 1 week after tummy tuck and breast surgery

Since you are only 1 week out from surgery, you can expect things to look 'funny', swollen etc. I would encourage you to be patient and discuss all of your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your post operative appointments. Over the next several weeks, things will change, soften and improve but communication with your surgeon is the best care you can do for yourself now.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon