I got a mini tummy tuck and supposedly lipo around it; is it going to stay like this? (Photos)

Please help me I am depressed is it going to stay like that ? Do I need a second repair surgery ? My 10 year old probably could of do a better job. I am 5'8" and I was 170 pounds no stretch marks ever before but a good good looking c section cicatrice

Solving problems before happening

You probably were a candidate for a full tummy tuck and your doctor try to make a long scar shorter, you need to wait full healing to think about a revision, always check that your doctor is board certified and that you have seen lots of before and after cases to know what you can expect after surgery .Best Wishes!

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. Looking at your before photo you look like a better candidate for a full TT then a mini TT.  Let it heal more and then think about a revision. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Concern?

Thank you for your question and photos. I'm sorry to hear of your post-operative concerns.  You appeared to be a candidate for a full tummy tuck to begin with. It is best to wait 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon regarding your revision options. Hope this helps! 

Either you desired a short scar mini Tt or the surgeon decided to bunch the incision, or both? But you were NEVER a candidate for short scar mini TT! You needed extended incision mini TT... Revision is indicated after 3 months healing. Maybe next time you will all a good decision to be offered?

What to expect after a "mini" tummy tuck

Hello and thanks for being so candid with sending your pics. It really does help us to address your concerns. If you've had a pregnancy,s then typically a "mini" tummy tuck will not deliver very desirable results. Once a woman has had children, not only has the skin been stretched but so have the abdominal muscles which would result in performing a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening. Furthermore, your incision is quite small which may indicate that the only took a minimal amount of skin from the central portion of the abdomen only. If you refer to our photos, you will see the tummy tuck scars require an incision that extends from hip to hip. Always be sure to let things settle down as it does take time to heal. Swelling can sometimes be persistent and scars take months and months to look better. Hope this helps!

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon