I'm considering lipo on my stomach area but want to know if there is a safe way (technique) to do this procedure w/ good result?

I am considering lipo on my stomach area abdominal mostly that just won't go away! Now I'm researching it and i read in several places how there is a risk of death! If that's so how come so many decide to proceed regardless of the possible complication?! I'm not sure if i am missing something? Maybe some people are not good candidates? I am 28, never had kids, 118 pounds , 5'3, don't smoke or drink. Just a little extra fat in the stomach area. Any good doctors in Miami area for this? Thank you

Liposuction safety and results

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Chances are you are a good candidate for liposuction.
  • It is a very safe procedure - if your surgeon is trained and qualified
  • Here's the problem - some doctors with no surgical training do office liposuction, sometimes large volume liposuction, without knowing what they are doing, putting patients in harms way.
  • So to keep safe - see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and if you need more than 500 cc removed, be sure your surgery is done in an accredited out-patient surgery center.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Liposuction safety

Liposuction can be a very safe procedure if performed by a qualified doctor in the appropriate setting on an appropriate patient. Look for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. If you are having a moderate amount of liposuction the procedure can be performed in the office or an outpatient setting. If a larger amount of fat is to be removed the procedure should be performed in the hospital. 

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring

Body contouring/liposuction has evolved over the past years and is not just about fat reduction but more so about sculpting and defining. In patients who have smaller problem areas, you want an energy based device to help melt fat and tighten skin. as well, it helps to define and shape the musculature. This type of liposuction requires a specialized body contouring specialist who is trained in 4D hi definition procedures and can do fat removal with both deep and superficial liposculpture. Please see an expert for sculpting and defining procedures, whos practice is dedicated to these types of surgeries. Best, Dr. Emer.

Risks of liposuction and relativity

Death is certainly one possible outcome after liposuction.It is also at risk of driving to work. It's probably much more likely that someone would die in a car accident then from liposuction. Liposuction is one of the safest procedures and is performed routinely. I have personally performed over 2000 liposuction procedures and I have had one serious complication. That patient had an infection requiring hospitalization and the second surgery.Her long-term outcome was fine. By far the most common complication is a poor aesthetic outcome.This is unfortunately a much too common occurrence. The importance of choosing  your surgeon cannot be understated. I highly recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get a more in-depth explanation of the procedure including potential complications. When choosing to have elective surgery everything has to be put into perspective. includes assessing the risks 

Risks with Liposuction

I think you are overreacting to a very complete list of possible complications.  There is a risk of death with almost every activity: driving your car, taking a plane flight, etc.  You need to view liposuction in that light.  When performed by a competent, board certified plastic surgeon, the risks associated with liposuction to one area such as the abdomen are extremely low.

Liposuction

Liposuction is a very safe procedure especially if undergoing low volume liposuction, i.e, less than 5 liters of lipoaspirate.  When patients undergo large volume liposuction, fluid shifts and lidocaine toxicity can become a problem.  For what you need, you should have no problems.  Nonetheless, you should go to a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Liposuction is one of the safest procedures in aesthetic surgeon when performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Liposuction is extremely safe and performed by someone who knows what they're doing. Often times it can be done without a general anesthetic. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Liposuction can be one of the most safe and effective tools that we have in terms of body contouring. Many times, this can be completed in an office based setting. Different types of anesthetic are available. Limiting the operative time can also decrease your risks. Certainly, any surgical procedure does come with risks, however the next these can be limited. 

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Safety with lipo

This is really an easy question to answer and the most important thing is to go seek out the advice and expertise or a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon.There are so many quai cosmetic surgeons that you need to be diligent in your search.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

The #s of liposuction cases done daily in USA vs the # of complications is <0.1%. Thus it is a very safe operation in experienced hands. In MIAMI there are over 80+ boarded Plastic Surgeons. Best to use ONLY private practice ones..