I just had a Labiaplasty today. Thoughts on how it looks? (photos)

I just had a Labiaplasty today. Thoughts on how it looks ?

Your labiaplasty looks fresh

Follow your surgeon's instructions for recovery. Don't bother looking at the area obsessively for the first few weeks because it will be swollen and distorted until the stitches dissolve.

Normal post operative look after labiaplasty

It appears you have a normal amount of swelling. This will probably peak tomorrow, and start to resolve in a few more days. The tissue is very thin and delicate, and so it swells very easily. Its hard to tell what technique was used and how the wound looks. If you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact your surgeon.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

I just had a Labiaplasty today. Thoughts on how it looks?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your labiaplasty.  It appears that you had a trim procedure performed and due to the thin nature of the tissues in this region you have started to experience some soft tissue swelling.  Over the next 4-6 weeks much of this will resolve affording you a better representation of your long-term appearance. I know waiting is difficult but allow your incisions time to mature, all currently looks well.  Hope this helps.

Is this healing OK?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Be patient, at one day it would be premature to judge the final outcome.  There is significant swelling which is not unexpected.  The swelling can peak at 48-72 hours for many patients.  Follow your surgeon's advice on wound care, ice, and bathing.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Post op day #1 results

Thanks for sharing.  It appears to be healing well. The results of the labiaplasty will not be known for weeks.   What is most important is how you feel about the results based upon what you hoped to achieve.  

Best of luck with your recovery

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Labiaplasty evaluation- same day ?

It is definitely to early to determine how the labia would heal and what the ultimate appearance will be by looking at it the day of surgery. It appears that the reduction of your labia is appropriate ( based on your images), since both labia minora are covered by labia majora, and most likely will heal nicely. However, you need to wait at least several weeks to see the final result. Once the swelling resolves and sutures dissolve, you will be able to assess the outcome and if any questions/concerns, possibly discuss with your surgeon.

Best regards,

Yvonne Wolny, MD

1 day Post Op

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos you have provided it appears to be healing well. You do have edema (swelling) and bruising which is also normal for only being 1 day post operative. Best wishes on your recovery.