I got injection yesterday restelin Silk on my lips, never had this done before I look very swollen is this normal????? HELP

Swelling after Restylane Silk

Swelling after having Restylane Silk injections are completely normal. The swelling can last anywhere between 1-2 weeks. If after 2 weeks you still are not satisfied with the results and/or still feel like you have a lot of swelling, I would recommend returning back to the injecting doctor for a follow up visit. Please see someone who specializes in fillers.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling after lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after Restylane Silk

Swelling in the lips after Restylane Silk is very normal. The lips will become bigger than normal, but will go down in about a day or so. Keep in mind to avoid icing the area and massaging as this may increase the swelling. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk/Lip Augmentation/Lip Fillers/ Liquid Face Lift/Hyaluronic Acid

I appreciate your question. Swelling can last up to 2 weeks in some patients injected with Restylane Silk.  Please follow up with your Injecting MD to make them aware and follow their advice. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Swollen lips after restylane silk

It is very common to have your lips swell after restylane silk. The lips swell up a lot after injections and will be swollen for several days. It is best to ice often for the first 24-48 hours.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Swollen after lip injections

Don't panic it's not unusual to have a lot of swelling the day after your injections. I frequently tell my patients not to worry about that. If however you are having a lot of pain are extremely bruised you should definitely contact your doctor.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk

In my practice I have noticed that there is increased swelling with Restylane Silk. However, Silk is a wonderful product especially if you are not looking for volume but just improvement of fine lines. To reduce swelling, my patients are instructed to stop blood thinners 10 days prior to injection (i.e. vitamin E, flaxseed, fish oil, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, etc.) and cease alcohol consumption 48 hours prior. They also start taking Arnica the day prior to the procedure and continue use after the procedure. Gentle ice application without massage also helps to decrease swelling over the first 48 hours. Any bruising is typically gone within 2 weeks and can easily be covered by make-up. Colorescience Corrector Palette is a great product for covering bruises. I would recommend seeking out an experienced injector who is also a board certified Dermatologist or board certified Plastic Surgeon for their recommendations and before you stop or start any medications.
Dr. Romine

This is common and will subside

It is common to see significant lip swelling with fillers, especially restylane silk, for a few days after injection. This will resolve on its own. Avoid excessive rubbing/kissing or trauma to the lips for a few days. I sometimes suggest patients take a benadryle the night of injection to keep swelling down. Good luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician

Restylane Silk for lip augmentation

Restylane Silk swells more than most fillers. That's one of the reasons I use Belotero or Juvederm in the lips rather than Restylane Silk. Nonetheless, the swelling will come down. You can always contact your physician who may prescribe a short course of steroids to help with the swelling. 

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Restylane silk causes swelling that can last up to 2 weeks. I suggest you see an expert if you are concerned. Best, Dr. Emer.