I got gynecomastia surgery almost 3 weeks ago. One breast is very swollen with no nipple, is this normal? (photos)

I had had ultrasonic liposuction of breast tissue and gland. The Dr said he didn't need to do an incision to take out the gland because it was soft and he could remove it through the lipo. Its been 3 weeks i feel discomfort on only the left breast I notice that the left is alot more swollen and harder than the right, plus my nipple looks like its completely gone. The left has like a red color while the right is starting to go back to normal skin color with no bruising is this normal should I be worried?

One Breast is very Swollen with No Nipple

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal.

Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear.

However, in regards to lacking a #nipple, it would be best to inquire with your plastic surgeon as to the #technique used in the procedure. 

Gynecomastia post-op

Yes.  You should go back and see your surgeon for concerns related to asymmetric swelling, firmness, and redness.

Tracey H. Stokes, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

I got gynecomastia surgery almost 3 weeks ago. One breast is very swollen with no nipple, is this normal?

YES! Best to seek paid in person second opinions consults from only boarded Plastic Surgeons in Miami...