I need guidance for a rhinoplasty (Photo)

I just want to know what procedures could be made with my nose. is so big and bolbous

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous nasal tip

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrow the bulbous tip with suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be a significant impediment to seeing results in that area. In addition, the bridge line of the nose could be widened slightly with spreader grafts to help make the nose look more balanced And proportional.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

It's the two tip cartilages that make the tip look wide.

It's a rhinoplasty that can change the appearance of your nose. See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph -- specifically the modification of the shape of the tip cartilages -- require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

I need guidance for a rhinoplasty

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile. 

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty guidance

Thanks for the picture.

Your nose shows a classic malposition of the alar cartilages. A routine tip procedure will create a deformed tip.

You need to place the alar cartilages into their proper position and then modify them as necessary.

I suggest that you research this condition online.

If the surgeon you consult with does not know about this problem, move on to someone that does.

Good luck

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Achieving Harmonious and Naturally Beatuful Looking rhinoplasty Results in Miami

There are several aspects of your individual rhinoplasty that are very important.  You are correct that your tip is wide and bulbous but you must realize that this is further accentuated by your shallow narrow dorsum above.  the other feature that is accentuating this is your columella, the skin bridge between your nostrils.  your columella is hidden and appears to have poor support.  A surgeon that does not recognize the significance of these findings will deliver a suboptimal result.  Your rhinoplasty will require a "cephalic trim" which reduces the size of your tip and subtly elevates the nasolabial angle.  Next the cartilages of your tip need to be sututred together to narrow your tip and create tip definition and a supratip break, a crucial finding of a beautiful female nose.  Cartilage will need to be harvested from your nasal septum for several reasons.  TO enhance your dorsum projection and definition, supraseptal spreader grafts should be placed.  another graft should be placed in your columella to lift and support the tip and give you a more feminine nasolabial angle.  Finally if the nostril bases are adjusted (im not sure from your pictures whether I would recommend this) the ala will likely need more support in the form of a batten graft.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important when looking for a plastic surgeon for Rhinoplasty to find one who is board certified and specializes in Rhinoplasty to obtain the best results possible.  To fully evaluate your nose, I would recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and have a full facial and nasal examination performed.  However, from what I can tell, it appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and smaller in size.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I need guidance for a rhinoplasty

Greetings

Thank you for your question, you are a good candidate for nose reduction with your photos however do not show much of your nose.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I need guidance for a rhinoplasty

You're seeking refinement -- a nose that has more feminine definition to compliment your otherwise feminine features. This would certainly involve both reshaping of the tip cartilages and thinning the skin envelope, and possibly other maneuvers that improve the profile.

If your nose is a distraction to you when you look in the mirror, or when you see yourself in photos and you find that it's a source of concern for you, than you have realistic motivations. You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty to these concerns. Do your homework and seek out a consultation with a Board-Certified Facial Plastic or General Plastic Surgeon who has experience with rhinoplasty.

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American Rhinoplasty

Hi,

The best way to visualize potential results from a rhinoplasty is get computer imaging performed by several surgeons that perform African American Rhinoplasty. You should also look at the surgeons and before and afters and try to find one that has results you really like. Its imperitive to find a good surgeon that does African American rhinoplasty routinely as this will avoid revision surgery in the future. Feel free to email your photos for imaging.  Good luck with your search.

D.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS