I don't know what to do about my gigantic uneven breasts! Age: 20 (Photo)

I have one breast that is much larger than the other, and I want to reduce it, then lift them both, but if I get surgery it will leave those ugly nasty obvious scars, i hAve ebought from life alone already. I already completely despise even the idea of cosmetic surgery, & I don't know what else I can do. I've tried considerin surgery but there are way to many risks and I'm a very active person who CAN'T afford to be slowed down. Especially for an entire month. Are there any non-scarring options?

Treatment for Gigantic Uneven Breasts

As you describe, your photo shows extremely large, pendulous, and uneven breasts.  From what I can see, your "frame" is otherwise very normal.  You would benefit significantly from a breast reduction, and that is really the only treatment to correct your condition.  The advantages of a breast reduction include making the breasts as small and light as you want, lifting and reshaping the breasts to a youthful appearance, and creating balance and symmetry.  Additionally, the reduced weight and lift will reduce strain on your back, neck, and shoulders.  This will make it easier for you to exercise and stand straighter.  Although the traditional reduction technique leaves the "anchor" scar, the newer vertical technique only leaves a "lollipop" scar, with a scar around the smaller areola and a straight scar down from there to the fold under your breasts.  This should be a good trade-off for you.  Good luck!

Should I Have Breast Reduction?

Thank you for your question and picture. You have several different types of conditions and unfortunately there isn't an easy solution. From your pictures, you will need to have #breastreduction with a #lift. 

Breast reduction can accomplish several things in one procedure. The surgeon can reduce the #size of the breasts, make them #symmetrical (same size and shape) and complete a lift. By including a lift with the procedure, your surgeon can also assure correct nipple placement and appropriate areolar size. When you reduce the size of the breast tissue, you can eliminate some of the medical complications frequently experienced by women with large breasts. 

The fact that you are physically active, is to your advantage. Being physically fit reduces your risk of surgical complications and a healthy diet increases your healing abilities after surgery.The best advise I can give you is to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon who will be qualified to evaluate your current breast shape and volume. They will also be able to explain all of your options. Good luck! 

Breast reduction

Hello, thanks for share your case with us, theres no nonscars option, because you need a breast reduction and try to get the best simetry in both,  let tell you something about the scar, you have some advantages one of then are you age and skin type, normally that type of skin will get an excelents results with scar, you are going to chage the big volume of your breast, for a procedure that will give you beautiful shape  with a scar in the lower pole  and periareolar of your breast , best wishes!!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Scarless breast reduction

Find a BCPS that specializes in this liposuction only procedure. It is not ideal and will not solve all of your issues but it will address the major problem. Hope this helps.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

I don't know what to do about my gigantic uneven breasts!

No, there're no  non-surgical options- unfortunately. From your photos it appears that you would benefit from a breast reduction/lift-the trade off - are the scars. So if you are not comfortable with it- maybe then- this operation is not for you.

I don't know what to do about my gigantic uneven breasts! Age: 20

Easy answer you are NOT ready to have surgery. Therefore you will have to wait until you can accept the idea off of smaller even breasts with potential scars.

Improve breast size and asymmetry without surgery

Thank you for asking about your large, asymmetric breasts.

• I am sorry but there is no way to correct your breast asymmetry and reduce their size without surgery.
  • Most women who have this procedure are delighted with the results -
  • Scars improve with time
  • A few weeks' recovery is worth the permanent benefit surgery for women who have this done.
  • If you are opposed to surgery, that is fine but if so, the best approach is to live happily with yourself as you are!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large and asymmetric breasts cause. Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There are no effective nonsurgical modalities to reduce breast size or improve symmetry.  When the time is right, I would suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. 

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.

Some of the other risks/potential complications associated with breast reduction surgery include: infection, bleeding, seroma, hematoma, wound healing problems, abnormal scarring ( hypertrophic or keloid), loss of sensation, inability to breast-feed, breast asymmetry, necrosis of tissue or skin, unsatisfactory cosmetic results, unpredictability of exact cup size postoperatively, recurrence of the breast hypertrophy, and the potential for further surgery. Other risks related to surgery in general include deep venous thrombosis (clots), pulmonary embolism, pneumonia and even death.

Fortunately, the majority of patients who undergo this procedure by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons and board certified anesthesiologists do very well and complications tend to be relatively minor and treatable. The severe complications are rare.

Then it will be important that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon and make sure that you have realistic expectations prior to proceeding with any type of surgery. 

You may find the attached link/video helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Scarless breast reduction?

hi - thanks for your question. I appreciate your concerns about breast reduction surgery and subsequent scarring. It is possible to produce a modest reduction in breast size with liposuction and no scarring. Looking at your photos however, this definitely would not be an option for you as you require a significant amount of breast tissue to be removed. This is only achievable with a scar around the nipple and at the very least a vertical scar. If you accept this then you would be able to have a symmeterising breast reduction to give you a nice aesthetic result.  Good luck