I got a dent above my umbilical area from my compression garment 3 days ago and still there. Could it be permanent?

I am in my 2nd week post liposuction. I wear my compression garment at all times with De lipo foams under as recommended by my Dr, but 3 days ago I took the foams off for 3 hrs cause they got wet with some drainage and I wear my garment by itself, after 3 hrs my foams were dry and I put them back and I realized I had a dent above my umbilical area from de garment. I didn't care at that time cause I thought it will disappear hours later, but 3 days after still there, I am afraid it will be permanent

Upper abdominal contour after lipo

This area is prone to irregularities after liposuction.  After 3 hours the issue should be self limited.  However I would recommend aggressive massage in the area if it is not yet too tender and for you to continue the foam dressings as instructed.  Best wishes!

Dent After Liposuction

I suggest massaging the area, and wearing a tshirt under your garment to ensure no other marks get imprinted on your skin.  If you are concerned, speak to your physician.  Marks made from the garment can be permanent sometimes.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Best to return to see your surgeon for appropriate follow up care, especially for this semi permanent "denting" issue. We can not see or touch the area so very hard to guess if it is a permanent denting. Dr Salma will be happy to offer you an explanation and teach you the proper post care steps...