I did a chemical peel today. On my face I have some dark spots where they did a strong peel. Will those spots peel off? (Photo)

Chemical peel

Yes, the brown spots should fade away with the chemical peel. It depends on the type of peel used and the strength. Also multiple treatments may be required in order for the brown spots to be resolved.

Montreal Dermatologist

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. Your recovery from chemical peel is dependent on the type of peel and the strength of the peel. In general, yes. Darkened spots from a chemical peel will fade. It is also best to refrain from doing any manually peeling yourself. Please allow the procedure to take effect. Please also review your recovery instructions with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spots after a strong peel

Depending on what type of peel you did, these dark spots may peel off. Do not try to speed up the peeling process by picking or peeling your skin when the peeling starts. Follow up with whomever did the peel and they should be able to help you if those spots remain.

Post Op Chemical Peel

Thank you for our inquiry. Depending on the type of chemical peel you received the recovery will vary. I would advise to follow up with your physician and show him or her these photos. Best of Luck,

I did a chemical peel today. On my face I have some dark spots where they did a strong peel. Will those spots peel off?

Best to return to the peeling doctor for in person examination. I might offer hydroquinone cream 4 to 8%. But only after all areas healed. BTW NO SUN for 6 months...