I have a rather bulbous nose and I'm looking for options? (Photo)

I have a rather bulbous nose and was wondering what type of nose surgery/ non surgical options would give me a better look?

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Bulbous nose tip

To treat a bulbous nasal tip a surgical approach to reduce the size of the nose and give better definition would be a better and more permanent result. Fillers can be used in many was in non surgical rhinoplasty but will not reduce the size and are temporary.

Good luck

Tip rhinoplasty

The best treatment for a bulbous nasal tip would be to perform a tip rhinoplasty to address that area. Fillers are more useful and temporary for correcting depressions and adding height; typically it is not useful for creating a narrower tip. The rest of your profile looks pretty good and most likely only work to narrow the width of the cartilages in the lower third of your nose would be all that is required. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty options to correct a bulbous nasal tip

Hi,

I don't believe you're a candidate for a non surgical rhinoplasty. However, in the right hands, a closed rhinoplasty will help redefine the tip and possibly your bridge. An in person examination is always best to determine what is best in your particular case (your anatomy and your desires). Consult a Board Certified Plastic surgeon who is in good standing. Beset wishes,  

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Fix for bulbous nose

I would recommend an open rhinoplasty which would enable access to correct not only a bulbous tip but also address other areas of the nose.  The nose, just like the rest of the face, has to be in balance.  Addressing the tip alone may not give you the appearance you are looking for.

It is important also to consider not only the aesthetic look of the nose, but to ensure that appropriate structure is created.  If the structure is sound, the results do not change with time and age and this also ensures appropriate breathing and function of the nose.

I recommend having a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to further discuss your aesthetic goals.

Vito C. Quatela, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

The ideal nasal tip

The photos that you have provided are helpful and demonstrate your concerns nicely.  From the photos you appear to be a great candidate for nasal tip refinement with reasonable expectations.  I do not think that non surgical options are going to be of much benefit to you as this will only add volume to an area that you already are concerned with in terms of volume.  Cartilage suturing with conservative cartilage removal are two techniques that will be used to refine your nasal tip.  Conservative defatting of the nasal tip will also be helpful to improve tip definition.  You will likely need steroid injections to the tip following surgery in order to help reduce inflammation of the tip that will occur during the natural healing process if the tip is defatted.  Nasal dorsal refinement would require osteotomies.  I would suggest seeing a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon who can demonstrate the changes you can expect from rhinoplasty surgery with the use of computer imaging.  

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip only rhinoplasty

In my hands the best approach would be an open tip rhinoplasty which would not require the nasal bones to be broken and moved, since that part of your nose looks very nice. The tip cartilages can be sculpted to remove the part that makes you think yours is bulbous, permanently removing cartilage in that area. There is a limit to how much can be removed so a measured amount MUST remain to leave adequate support. I like open rhinoplasty because I can precisely shape the remaining cartilages to make them more angular and defined as well as further narrow a "rounded" tip shape using internal suture techniques. Your skin looks medium thin so I would expect the work to show nicely right away but slowly improve over time as swelling settles down.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

I have a rather bulbous nose and I'm looking for options?

The bulbous nasal tip is reduced and refined with suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. Thick skin will be a significant impediment to seeing refinement in the nasal tip. The bridge line can also be narrowed with osteotomies to balance with the new nasal tip. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can give you a nasal examination and an accurate opinion on how to correct the things you are unhappy with about your nose. It looks as though you do have a bulbous tip and would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon