I want a breast reduction and lift. Are they priced separately?

Is it possible to go from a medium C cup (my current breast size is 36C) to a small or medium B, perhaps a 30B. I went to a consultation with a Board Certified Surgeon here in Miami and he told me that it is impossible for me to get any breast size smaller than a small C cup. But when doing my research after leaving his office, it said that any breast size is achievable. So now I am confused. I am now looking for a doctor in the Los Angelos or Beverly Hills area.

Combined Breast Reduction and Lift

A breast reduction always includes lifting the breasts.  Always. The price quoted for that surgery will include both.  It is certainly possible to be reduced from your present size down to a B cup (small, average, or full).  Although not frequently done, it is even possible to reduce someone to an A cup.  However, the number such as 32, 34, or 36 refers to the circumference of your chest, and I have only seen that number reduced minimally or not at all in a breast reduction.  Be sure to seek out a plastic surgeon with excellent experience in breast reduction surgery.

Priced at same value usually. in the $5,000 to $8,000 ranges. Best to seek more in person kinins from only boarded private practice PSs in MIAMI There are over 60 of us!

A breast lift is included with a breast reduction. The exact cup size is never guaranteed at my practice. The focus should be placed on the appropriate size for your chest and shoulder size. As always, please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

A breast reduction is always done along with a lift, they are not two separate operations, so they are not priced separately.  As for the desired size, without photos it is not possible to say because the base width diameter of your breasts may limit the amount of reduction.  Usually going from a C cup to a B cup is feasible, but you have to understand it is only the cup size that changes with surgery.  Breast reduction does not change the chest circumference which is measured under the breast.  It seems you basically need a lift with a small reduction, which should be easily achievable. 

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Breast reduction

First, the band size will not change.  The cup size should change with a reduction, but this depends upon how much is removed. I can only guesstimate it in person after an exam. Best of luck.

Breast reduction / breast lift

Thank you for your question.  When performing a breast reduction, a lift is automatically achieved simply by the nature of the procedure.  These are not priced differently; you should just be charged for a breast reduction.  Generally, many different sizes can be obtained with a breast reduction.  Careful communication with your surgeon regarding your goals will be important.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Reduction and Lift

A lift is usually included in pricing for a breast reduction. If you are a 36C now, I doubt you will get down to a 30 band size. A breast reduction is generally what you want it to be as far as how much is removed. Depending on how much fatty tissue you have, your surgeon might be able to just liposuction your breast. You need to set up some in person consultations to see what is realistic.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reductions

Breasts reductions include a lift.  If you are starting at a C cup, you should be able to go to a B cup.  The concern is if the amount of tissue reduced can impede proper wound healing, specifically with respect to your nipple and areola.  Best wishes, Dr. T

I want a breast reduction and lift. Are they priced separately

Without a series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice but based on your narrative you appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift procedure.  With a breast lift some of your natural tissue can be removed in order to reduce your overall breast size to a B cup.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, they can offer the best treatment advice.  Hope this helps.