I just had a breast reduction. With time, can they go down a full size?

I puts had breast reduction, I wanted a very small B, it looks like a full C, with time can they go down a full size? I am a runner and I am worried that the Dr left them to big

The right size for you

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Swelling following a Breast Reduction

Some #swelling of the #breasts is to be expected for several weeks. Usually, our patients return to almost normal activity within two weeks. Most patients resume normal activity by two weeks. However, full activity, lifting, sports, and with no restrictions is safer at 6 weeks post-procedure. The scars at the incision lines typically become reddish and a few weeks after surgery are raised and firm. The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three months after surgery.

Breast reduction and swelling

There is always significant swelling after a breast reduction. You should wait 6 months or even longer to assess the final size. You do not say at what stage you are at but I suspect you need to give it more time.
Yes it is possible to go down a cup size from the point of maximum swelling after surgery to the when they fully settle although this can not be guaranteed.

Jeremy S. Hurren, BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Plast)
Chichester Plastic Surgeon

Just had breast reduction, will they go down a full cup size

Thank you for the question.   It will take several months for you to appreciate a "final result"  follow your post op instructions, be patient and reevaluate in about 6 months.   Best of luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Rduction results?

If after 3 months postoperative you are still not happy best to understand if to small you would appear to small on top. Best to determine if additional removal is really indicated.

Thank you for your question.  Not sure that you will go down a full size.  However, it's too early to make any final judgment on your result this early after breast reduction.  Over the next few months, the swelling will go down.  Wait at least 3-6 months after surgery before getting a better idea.  Please discuss these concerns with your surgeon and maintain proper follow up care.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Swelling after breast reduction

Thank you for your question. Swelling after a breast reduction and final results will take 6-12 months. Over the next few weeks your breast will change. Cup size will vary with each manufacturer and the individual measuring the breasts. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and follow his recommendations. Best Wishes. :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD