I am 42, I have a grown up child now and I breastfed my baby for about 5 months. (Photo)

I have scoliosis since I was about 12 and now I have saggy breasts. Can I have breast augmentation? Are my breasts going to be uneven? Is my scoliosis going to be more obvious with BA?

Considering implants

Hello, implants will not necessarily make your scoliosis more obvious.  It would be reasonable to seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon to learn about your options.

Breast lift with implants

Obviously, your scoliosis will affect your breast asymmetry and although this will be improved by a breast lift with an implant, it may not be perfect. As long as you are realistic with your expectations, I think you could achieve your desired results. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below). Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Implants would work great

In looking at your photos I would recommend Full Height Full projection shaped implants which are high cohesive gel.  The shape will help lift you and give you upper pole fullness without too much side fullness.  Ask your plastic surgeon when you go in for your consultation about these implants and also don't forget to ask how often he uses them.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Breast augmentation with lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Asymmetry can be normal

Hi,

Thank you for your question and your photograph.  Asymmetry is normal wether it is caused by scoliosis or by the 2 breasts being uneven in size.  Either way, augmentation gives a very nice result, and often the asymmetry bebomes less noticeable.   Your surgeon will take appropriate steps to minimize any difference between the 2 sides.

Good Luck,

Dr Bev

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

You appear to be a good candidate for an augmentation.  You do not appear to have excessive asymmetry that would affect the results adversely.  I would recommend a small to moderate size implants in the 250-400 cc range so that you do not suffer from ptosis from excessively large devices or back discomfort due to your scoliosis.  

Yes breast implants in 450 cc ++ ranges with different volumes for your slight asymmetry is indicated. 

Scoliosis and aug

Yes you can have an aug and I would recommend silicone for you.It is a great procedure and I would gte a consult with a plastic surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Scoliosis and BA

Thank you for your question and helpful picture.  You should be good to go on breast augmentation.  Just make sure you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon and explaining your full medical history.  If needed, the surgeon may consult with an orthopedic doctor but not likely.  

Wishing you the best!
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants are great after breastfeeding

Even though you have scoliosis, it appears as though implants will restore volume and shape nicely to your breasts.