Heavy and want to do tummy tuck. (photos)

All my life I was heavy and have stomach want to do tummy tuck and no one recommended it why is that that I see other women do it and they weigh more then me looking to consult a plus size doctor that will look at my case

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and your photo.

i suggest you to contact a board certified Plus PS to go over your case and over all your concerns. 

Best of luck

Heavy and want to do tummy tuck.

Thank you for the question and picture. Congratulations on your weight loss thus far. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. 

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  If you were my patient, with the goal being achieving the best outcome possible, I would encourage you to get as close as possible to your long-term stable weight prior to the date of surgery.

As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.  Seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be your next/best step. I hope this, and the attached link/video helps. Best wishes.