Healing delay. Any recommendations? (Photo)

Any recomendations? Surgery done 50 days ago concerned about this part that won't seem to close.

Wound healing

be patient. it will be fine. continue clean wound care.the t junction can take a while. be patient...

Newark Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
I also recommend you to talk with your plastic surgeon and follow his advices.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Delayed Wound Closure

Thank you for the question and photo. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to investigate and examine this in person so that they can determine what issue there may be and advise you.

All the best

Healing delay. Any recommendations? (Photo)Healing delay. Any recommendations? (Photo)

Almost haled after 6 weeks! To late to offer PRP infusion therapy. Might consider red light external therapy? Ask your surgeon! 

Post op lift

This will heal in time.I would do some wet to dry dressings and this area will granulate in and heal.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Wound healing

Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems this far out. It should be completely healed by now. It might be worth a small procedure to get that closed, likely something you could have done in an office setting with local anesthesia. I'd talk with your surgeon about it. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Delayed healing

This area is a common area of delayed healing. It will heal ultimately with the proper local wound care as recommended by your surgeon. Close follow up with your plastic surgeon will be important until this area finally heals.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Will heal over time

The T area is a high tension area.  It can take a long time to heal.
It appears to be headed in a safe direction.
Hang in there and keep up with your surgeon.

Healing delay

Bad news is that this is healing delay in an area common to have that happen. The good news is that based on the photo, it does not look actively infected.  At this point, observe this area and keep it clean and apply antibiotics to that open wound. Stay close with frequent follow ups with your plastic surgeon and be patient.  Allow the process to play itself out as long as it does not get infected.  Hope this helps.
Dr Vasisht  

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Healing Delay - Any Recommendations?

The photograph you have sent to RealSelf appears to demonstrate the upside down "T" in a breast lift/reduction with or without augmentation. 

The T point is the point of greatest tension with the poorest vascularity.  Because the blood vessels have the longest way to travel to this particular area, and since the tension is greatest, it is very common to have delayed wound healing at this point. 

Since this delayed wound healing is so ubiquitous, it should almost be considered a part of the normal wound healing and not truly a complication.  This particular problem is normally skin deep only and rarely threatens any of the deeper structures.

Simple wound care prescribed by your personal plastic surgeon will normally heal this area with minimal to no scarring.  Your concern is both reasonable and rational, and you should follow your plastic surgeon's advice.  Continue the contact and discussion with your plastic surgeon and his or her office until this superficial wound has completely healed.