I'm 6 months post op Gynecomastia, still have slight bruising and apparent gland. Will I need a revision surgery? (Photo)

I had this done with a general cosmetic surgeon 6 months ago(paid by insurance) and he said he had removed the entire gland. He said it would take a year to heal but I'm at 6 months and it still is slightly bruised and there appears to still be a gland.Will i need a revision surgery? Or is it too late to tell since there is still bruising?

Gynocomastia - revision surgery

If your breast areas are still firm, it is too early to tell.  If you feel a definite lump of tissue behind your areola, keep track of it and make sure you tell your surgeon about it at the next visit as this may need direct re-excision. Best Wishes!!

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gyneomastia revision surgery

Gynecomastia revision surgery is available when needed. In some cases, I stage a procedure in patients with severe gynecomastia in order to minimize scars. Of course I discuss this plan with patients before the initial surgery.  You situation may improve with time

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I'm 6 months post op Gynecomastia, still have slight bruising and apparent gland. Will I need a revision surgery?

sorry but based upon the series of posted photos you have an EXCELLENT RESULT.. I would not recommend any additional surgery.