What is a good implant size for me? Kinda leaning toward 375cc because I don't want to be one (Photos)

My doctor said 350cc for a natural look , but I'm kinda leaning toward 375cc because I don't want to be one of those females that say they wish they would have went bigger. I'm 5"4 130 pounds. Army vet with an athletic build. My breast a full looking from the front but don't project of my chest. I'm currently a 34b but my breast don't fill my bras all the way. The goal is to be a busty full c

Consider sizers

There is no correct size breast (except that they should match as well as possible).  No one can know the size breast implant and therefore the size breast that will make you feel that your breasts are right for you, except you.  I would consider going to a surgeon who has external sizers that you can place over your breasts and under your clothing to get some idea what size implant you might be most comfortable with.  By the way, the difference between 350 and 375 mL is minimal.  It is equivalent to 5 teaspoons of volume.  You may not notice that small a difference. 

Port Saint Lucie Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

•  Tweet

BA

A 375 cc high profile device may be a good choice for you.  However this would not be a natural look.  For a more natural look a 325 cc moderate profile may be better.  Its up to you.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

What is a good implant size for me? Kinda leaning toward 375cc because I don't want to be one

Greetings

Thank you for your question, 

Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Selecting the Correct Implant to Achieve your Goals

Thank-you for your question. Selecting the correct implant size is among the most important decisions in a successful breast augmentation procedure. Placement of the identical implant will not produce the same results in all patients due to differences in:

1.Dimentions of the breast
2.Diameter of the chest
3.Volume of breast tissue
4. Height and weight
5. Breast shape, including breast ptosis and asymmetry

I rely on 3 methods to advise my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel implant sizing
3. 3-Dimensional Vectra imageing system.

At the time of consultation, measurements are taken allowing for dimensional planning to select the implant which best fits the base diameter of the breast. Gel implant sizing is performed to allow you to visualize augmentation the with the various sized implants. Vectra 3-D imaging has been a very important method in my practice in selecting the correct implant size and shape as it allows you to see what you will look like following augmentation with any of the available implants.

Best wishes

Dr. Lyos MD FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

You have excellent breast anatomy and should be able to achieve a very nice result with breast augmentation. The 350 cc implants most likely would make you a full C however adding 25 cc to 375 cc is not a very large difference and if you feel that would make him more comfortable and by all means have it  as long as your plastic surgeon tells you that your base width is adequately wide enough to accommodate the 375 cc.

For a beautiful breast augmentation, think shape than size.

you have great breast anatomy and stand a great chance to have a beanutiful breast augmentation.  I would recommend two things for you:  #1 avoid subpectoral breast augmentation  and #2 gofor a anatomically shaped implant.  The reasons are that a subpectoral plascement will limit the amount of fullness you have near midline ie clevage and will lead to the breasts appearing separated.  As far as implant selection, you want a shape taht will fill out the full footprint of your breasts near midline, the sides and the superior pole.   a tall and wide anatomic implant would do this.  The subfascial plane will yield the best result for you in my opinion.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Implant size

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What sized implant

I believe that you would get a good result with either implant. The difference is less than 2 tablespoons of fill. The ideal size is based on the diameter of your breast and the surgeon who examined you is the best one to advise you. It also depends on what your body can handle. Your muscles may not like the extra volume due to your tone. I would recommend you discuss this with your surgeon, and see if they feel they can make the 375cc work and give you a natural result. If not, go with the 350cc. Good Luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon