Is it a good idea or even safe to have the PRP procedure done just 5 days after an FUE Surgery?

I just had an FUE transplant surgery of 1700 grafts done 3 days ago and wondering if it is a good idea or even safe to have the PRP procedure done just 5 days after the surgery? Thank you in advance for your response.

RPR post procedure

I recommend you do a PRP with the transplant or wait until 3 months post operative.  At this point I'd probably wait as 5 days post operative can disturb the grafts.

You do not need PRP treatment before or after a hair transplant surgery. If someone has recommended this

You do not need PRP treatment before or after a hair transplant surgery.  If your doctor has recommended this, it would be best to discuss the treatment with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP Post Op

It should not harm the existing grafts to perform PRP. It might even help the growth. As long as the doctor is careful when doing so. 

But speak to your nearest physician to discuss further.

Thank You

PRP after FUE

I do PRP with almost every hair transplant procedure whether its FUE or FUT.  Doing a PRP 5 days after your FUE procedure should not be an issue and it's likely that in my opinion it can help with the grafts if done correctly.  However its always best to discuss directly with your physician to gain their experience and knowledge before proceeding.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP post procedure

PRP is powerfully effective post procedure to expedite healing and is also graft protective however i would recommend waiting at least 10 days to allow fusion of graft angles and resolution of any swelling as this can dilute the PRP that is injected rendering it less effective.  Best practice is to have it with your procedure and then again in 3 months time post. 

Post PRP make sure to avoid NSAIDs and cold compresses as this will hinder activation of the platelets.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

PRP

typically we perform PRP treatments at the time of the procedure. At 5 days this may affect the procedure or may introduce infection to the recipient area. I recommend follow up with the surgeon who performed your procedure for a recommendation. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Prp after FUE

Having PRP makes no sense after a hair transplant. My mess around with the recipient grafts. They need to take root and then let them grow out.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Prp injections after a hair transplant

Prp injections can assist in accelerating the healing time after receiving a hair transplant procedure.  Based on my experience, it can assist in preventing scar tissue formation, minimise shock loss and accelerate the growth rate of the transplanted hair follicles and yes, it is safe and good idea to have it after your hair transplant surgery but for sure it is better to consult with your surgeon to schedule your next prp sessions .

All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Safe to use PRP after 5 days post-op

It is safe and a great idea to have a PRP treatment 5 days post-op. We actually do a PRP treatment the day of the hair transplant procedure. We have done PRP treatments weeks before as well as weeks after hair transplant as well. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Why should I have Organic Hair Transplantation?

Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon