Am a good candidate for the BBL or do I have to lose more weight before the procedure?

I weigh 215pounds and I am 5'6 or 5'5 I would like to know if I'm a good candidate for the bbl ? Or do I have to lose at least 20 more pounds to get procedure done and what would u recommend I have done I want a curve shape body with a big butt small waist my stomAch and big butt is square can that be done pleAse let me know your opinion

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to have a tummy tuck with lipo and of course a bbl, yes you are a good candidate, rise your hemo a make your dreams come true!

Tummy tuck, liposuction and BBL candidate

Thank you for your question. I would recommned you to reach a stable weight within the safe range with a BMI under 30. Your current BMI is of 34.70. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. That said, you´d be a good candidate for tummy tuck, a comprehensive liposuction to the waist, back, arms and thighs along with Brazilian butt lift to optimize your overall shape.  Our central approach with these procedures is to provide a 360 degree improvement in order to get a beautiful flat abdomen, and to maximize feminine curves. You can then use the fat taken during liposuction and then inject into the buttocks to create the shape we have planned together. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. 

Thank you for your question and photographs.

If your BMI is higher than 30 you are at an increased risk of complications occurring. Your BMI is around 34-35; I would recommend getting your BMI down to at least 30 or below. This would require losing about 30-35lbs. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. A BBL can give you the cosmetic goals of reshaping your buttocks and contouring your waist once have reached and maintained your goal weight. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Weight and surgery

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight loss before BBL

It appears that you have excess abdominal skin that will not likely drastically improve with liposuction alone. You might consider abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) to optimize your results. However, I do think that you can expect a dramatic improvement with your current body size. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery

Sejal M. Patel, MD

From looking at your photos, I recommend a tummy tuck and BBL combo. You will have a better result if you lose more weight. Try to get under 200lbs. Find a PS that you feel comfortable with and go over realistic results. If you have some wish photos you can show them etc. The most important thing is for you and your PS to be on the same page as far as realistic results. 

Lose 20 lbs

thank you for posting. It is always beneficial to lose some weight prior to your procedure. However you will need BOTH a tummy tuck and BBL. These  and do you gone at the same time, but may be recovering a little bit more tricky.   Make sure you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck! 

Your best option Tummy tuck and BBL

After seen your pics you should benefit from having Tummytuck, full back waist liposuction and a BBL

You have extra skin on your abdomen that liposuction alone wont fix.

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. I would encourage you to lose weight before considering getting a surgical procedure done. You will get a much better result if you can get as close to your ideal weight prior to your cosmetic surgery. As physician, my first priority is keeping my patients safe and not perform surgery that could be risky. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Your first step with the information given should be to loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure.  Your BMI is at 34.7 and you should be at 32 . You need to loose a little bit of weight and you should be fine.   A Brazilian Butt Lift  is a fat transfer to the buttocks and hips, using liposuction to remove fat from the The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost.  and given the most accurate quote.

Rami Ghurani, MD