I'm about to get my surgery..Can I take antibiotics some days before surgery?

Feeling a little bit sick .. Like getting throat and ear infection.. I dont feel VERY sick but still want to take antibiotics to feel completly good!

I'm about to get my surgery...

Your health is not something you want to risk. Please contact your board-certified plastic surgeon and discuss your symptoms with him/her to be sure safe surgery is being performed. We would not want to put you in danger and all parties involved should be aware. I am sure you are excited and anxious to have this done, but you should talk to your doctor. Hope you feel better and best wishes!

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I recommend that you speak with your surgeon to discuss your illness and any medications you are taking.  It would not be a good idea to move forward with surgery while you are ill.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Communicate with your surgeon

You should communicate your illness to your surgeon. It is not advisable to have surgery while sick. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Antibiotics

You should definitely consult with your Dr. and communicate any illness you may be experiencing. I like my patients to be in good health prior to their procedures.

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Breast augmentation - sick a few days before

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Please let your surgeon know you are sick.
  • It may be viral or bacterial -
  • It may be necessary to put off your surgery -
  • There are risks to having surgery when you are sick -
  • And there is no point in taking risks with your breast augmentation.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Since breast augmentation is an elective surgery, if a patient has any sign of infection, I would cancel their surgery until they are free from infection and in good health.
It is always best to be completely honest with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding your health. This will allow them to keep you safe and have less complications with your elective surgery.
Good luck and get well soon!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I would contact your Surgeon immediately and inform them about this. I'd cancel a surgery until you fully recovered if you were my patient. 

Breast Augmentation

Excellent question. When my patients ask me what to do if they have a cold prior to surgery I ask them to wait until they are completely recovered. You want to optimize your body prior to surgery and sometimes waiting until you are 100% is best.

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Antibiotics before surgery, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 
I recommend you to follow your plastic surgeon about the antibiotics. 
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation , antibiotics

in my opinion its better that you should not proceed with breast augmentation operation til you are infection free. the bacteria might enters your blood,and infect the implants
Good Luck

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon