Is Gastric balloon possible 6 years after gastric plication?

Had plycation 6 years ago went from 320 to 220. I'm now 250 lbs. I'd like to of the balloon can work being I have the plycation done 6 years ago.

No Balloon for you!

The complication after Balloon is increases with any prior Stomach Surgey! 

In addition there probably is not enough space for a 600-700 cc Gastric Balloon. 

The increase chance of perforation and life threatening risks make you not a candidate. But you could try Revisional Surgey like conversion to Gastric Bypass.

No Balloon for you!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Revision Surgery

Hello

Thanks for the question. A revision surgery should be performed to know the current size of your stomach to determinate if the placement of he gastric its possible, in order to determinate the cause of the weight gain in the last years.

Good Look !

Dr. Pablo

Pablo Garcia, MD
Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Revision Surgery

Hello

Good Look !

Dr. Pablo

Pablo Garcia, MD
Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon