Why does my garment not feel tight anymore?

I had lipo three weeks ago. My garment is an extra small and i just went to alter it to make it smaller. It never feels tight enough even after i altered it and took off 4 inches. Im starting to think the fabric is just not strong enough and it stretchs out every time i put it on. Why is this happening?

Loose Garment

Hello thanks for sharing your concernsMaybe you should contact your surgeon to evaluate the chance of changing the Garment, its norml for you to keep on getting smaller but maybe its getting loose to fast.

Liposuction - garment not tight after 3 weeks.

Compression is an integral part of liposuction procedure and different doctors recommend compression for different length of time. In our practice, most patients do not use compression after 3 weeks but your situation may be different so it is important that you see your doctor for advice.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Your garment is either not sturdy enough or your swelling is subsiding so the garment is too loose.
  • Let your surgeon know and ask about a new garment -
  • Or if liposuction was on your tummy, buy snug bike pants made of lycra -
  • You can try them on to be sure they give you the fit you want.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Why have you NOT started a phase two or three garment? Best to ask your chosen operative surgeon? Just buy a smaller garment than? The reason is a few answers the material in the garment has a stretch factor, you are losing swelling, or both. Were you done in a clinic? Sounds like it...

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to get another stage, size smaller, put compression inside and it will help you. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD