Do I need a full Tummy tuck or can I get a Mini Tummy tuck ? (photos)

I had a mini tummy tuck 7 years ago and I was never happy with my Results My scare was to high I was never able to show my tummy after now I want to get it done again but do I need a full tummy tuck or can I just do a mini tummy tuck with some lipo again with a better doctor ?

Mini tummy tuck revision

In your case a personal examination is necessary in order to determine if you have enough skin to perform a tummy tuck. The mini tummy tuck is a procedure used in specific cases of abdominal flaccidness where there is no excess skin above the belly button or enough skin under the belly button. If a mini tummy tuck is applied in any other cases the excess skin above the belly button wouldn't be corrected.

Hello dear, thanks for your picturs and provided information as well.. I suggest you to get a revision with a board certified plastic surgeon, I suggest a full tummy tuck 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Full Tummy Tuck or Mini Tummy Tuck

While it is difficult to give an opinion with only a photo, I think that you are not likely to be a good candidate for a full abdominoplasty. Unless you have sigificant excess and elastic skin present which is not apparent on the photo. Lowering the sacr will be difficult but not impossible. 

Rizwan Alvi, MBBS, FRCS
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Your umbo is tight!

You seem to have a pretty good tightening already. To lower your abdominal scar your surgeon would need to "float" the umbilicus by detaching it and allowing it to move toward the mons more. This would allow your surgeon to replace the present horizontal scar a few inches lower and also could make the belly button look more natural by eliminating the tension it is presently under. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a full Tummy tuck or can I get a Mini Tummy tuck ?

Thanks for the interesting question. Appears as a free float mini extended TT(?). With very high place incision. My over the internet opinion is you are NOT a candidate for full TT, and I do not think the incision can be lowered. But only in person examination allows a definitive answer. YES you could have aggressive superficial liiposculpture or Smart Lipo Triplex combination. 

Full vs mini tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Since your scar location seems to be the main source of your dissatisfaction, I think one of the most important questions (other than mini vs full tuck) is how much lower your surgeon can make another scar.  This would need be answered in person after assessing your abdomen.

Unless your skin is way more elastic than it appears in these photos it is not worth it to try to lower your scar - unless you want to undergo tissue expansion first. You definitely do not have enough extra skin for a full tummy tuck. Best to be seen to see your options.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Without a physical exam it is hard to say what your best treatment plan would be. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. Good luck. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a mini tummy tuck?

It appears as though your scar is higher than it should be and your belly button shape is unattractive (too long vertically) though the belly button will be challenging to fix without a small vertical scar.  A mini tummy tuck to lower the scar and a belly button revision would likely serve you well, but a physical exam would be necessary to confirm.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Tummy Tuck?

Based on your pictures it is my opinion that you don not need a tummy tuck at this point,  Liposuction should be very helpful in your case.  Adding a possible scar revision to lower the scar a bit might also be a possibility.  All this, of course, needs to be confirmed by a physical examination and consultation.