FUE surgery to 24 year old male. (photo)

Hello, I have some frontal hair loss and consider FUE surgery. But what if my exisitng hair will start to fall off? Then i will need to do another surgery. until the point i got no donor`s area left. Altough my rates of hair loss is small I think. So who is best compitible with FUE surgey?

Fue Hair Transplant

I would suggest starting on a hair restoration plan consisting of PRP/Monoxodil/Propecia and then having a hair transplant specialist properly assess your hair loss and working on a legitimate and reasonable plan to not only slow down your hair loss but to also restore the hair that you have already lost. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss pattern and transplants

You are one hundred percent correct.  In young men it is not advisable to do hair restoration procedures until their hair loss pattern is evident - otherwise you will find yourself in the exact problem you just described.  Even though success is limited with minoxidil, you should start as there are no down sides.  I would also recommend seeing a hair loss specialist in your area in order to discuss possibly starting propecia and the pros/cons of laser caps.  At your age, "playing defense" is just as important when it comes to hair loss.  Not to mention that small aggregate gains from each of these modalities can make an impact.  I hope some of this helps.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE Surgery Candidate

Your frontal hair loss is minimal and you should hold off with going through with the procedure at this time. I recommend all my patients to use Minoxidil even though the success is limited. There are no down sides to using it.

Most patients will have sufficient donor site to perform 6000-7000 grafts which will give complete coverage even for someone who loses almost all their hair. 

Thank You

Progressive hiar loss

Your question is a very good one. For this reason, I usually tell men of your age not to do a hair transplant until your eventual hair loss pattern is evident. Doing surgery too early runs the risk of chasing hair loss. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

your best option is to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon to discuss non surgical options available to you to help stop or slow the progression of hair loss. You are young and the sooner you start preventative medications the better off in the long run you will be. During the consultation you will be evaluated if you are a surgical candidate or not. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

FUE surgery to 24 year old male.

Thank you for your question. To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for FUE

At your age, I would not recommend rushing to have a hair transplant procedure.  Your thinning is early, and it is impossible to determine your pattern of hair loss or the future extent of your hair loss.  Over time this information will become apparent.  At this time, I would consider medical therapy to maintain and thicken your hair. 

You need an examination to understand if surgery is right for you for the same reason you're asking these questions.

You need an examination to understand if surgery is right for you for the same reason you're asking these questions.  You need to have a Master Plan of what will happen in the future and how you may go about addressing possible future hair loss.  

FUE is just a method of harvesting hairs.  It has nothing to do with the final results.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon