Can fraxel laser work for new red stretch marks?

I have around 6 week old stretch marks from a boob job. The boob job is three months old and i got the stretch marks 6 or 7 week after that. I want to get laser done so im thinking doing fraxel because ive looked into it and it looks more promising than pulse dye laser, which only turns the stretch marks white. What should i do? Abd could the laser hurt the implant?

Stretch Mark Treatment

The best thing for anything red is a Pulse Dye Laser, I like to use the Vbeam by Candela/Syneron. Vbeam treats redness and also improves texture of skin, it is possible that you may be happy enough with treatment from the Vbeam alone.

However, I often layer lasers for best results. You could treat the redness and the stretched skin simultaneously. For the redness I would start with the Vbeam and then follow with a treatment of Fraxel to improve the stretched skin.

Depending on your stretch marks you may need multiple sessions of either laser for best results. It is also important to keep in mind that stretch marks are very difficult to remove but can be improved with laser treatments.

It is important to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist with plenty of experience treating stretch marks to see what treatment is best for you.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel for stretch marks

If your stretch marks are red then the V-Bream laser works much better in removing and treating these stretch marks.  Fraxel can sometimes work on white stretch marks but it can take many treatments and does not always work.  I have found the eMatrix to work very well on stretch marks as well which is something that you should consider for white stretch marks.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lasers.

Michele S. Green, MD