Will Fraxel Laser help my stretch marks? (photo)

I have stretch marks on my belly leftover from a tummy tuck which i hate! Will fraxel help minimize their appearance enough to make the cost worth it? The stretch marks are old and white and don't even get color with self-tanner

Stretch mark treatments and lasers

The Fraxel dual is a great laser but it can take several treatments to minimize stretch marks. Stretch marks are difficult to treat.  It would take approximately five treatments scheduled one moth apart. I have also had a great deal of success with the EMatrix laser to treat stretch marks and scars.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these procedures for the best results. 

I prefer the Fraxel Dual Laser for treating stretch marks. The Fraxel Repair Laser may also be used.

Both Fraxel Lasers can be used to treat stretchmarks.  The Fraxel Dual laser is a nonablative laser that requires three to five laser treatments for optimum improvement.   Each treatment has minimal or no down time.  The Fraxel Repair CO2 Laser is a fractional ablative laser with a much long recovery that the Fraxel Dual laser, but with more potential improvement in a single treatment.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon