Fleur de lis or tummy tuck? (Photo)

What would benefit me more ?

FDL or standard tummy tuck?

While you do  not show the condition of the posterior part of your torso, it is clear that you have a considerable amount of excess skin up front and on the sides. Therefore, you would probably benefit from a fleur-de-lys pattern tummy tuck so that the horizontal excess AND the vertical excess can be addressed at the same time. You will most likely enjoy the better waist definition with a FDL compared to a traditional or extended tummy tuck. Some amount of liposuction will be needed as well and this can be built into the tummy tuck planning.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Fleur de lis or tummy tuck

If you are willing to accept the Fleur-de-Lis incisions, I think your shape will be significantly better than a regular tummy tuck

Julio Garcia, MD

TT or FDL

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you may get optimal results with flor-de-les resection. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

FDL

weight loss prior to either of those procedures would benefit you from not only a result standpoint but also from a safety standpoint. FDL would clearly benefit you more, but would leave a transverse and vertical scar. 

Type of tummy tuck, Fleur de lis or standard?

You have some deflated skin and just by knowing about the FDL-style procedure, you are on the right track of learning about what is possible before choosing a procedure.  In many people with significant weight loss, the FDL will contour them more thoroughly, but with a more visible scar.  There are tradeoffs to standard or extended tummy tucks as well.  The thing to keep in mind before you have a consultation is to choose someone who performs the full-range of abdominoplasty procedures, that way the recommendation you get will be based on your needs, not what the surgeon prefers to do.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck candidate

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

FDL or TT?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination, it appears that you would benefit from a FDL abdominoplasty over a regular tummy tuck.  You do need to understand the risks and benefits of each treatment in order to have one match your desired goal results so as not to be disappointed.  Be sure to see a series of ASPS board certified plastic surgeons in order to have the best recommendation made. 

Fleur de lis vs. tummy tuck

Hi,

Thanks for your question. It appears you would get the best shape from a fleur-de-lis tummy tuck but you will have more scarring. If you are willing to have a vertical scar to get the better shape, then I would recommend the fleur-de-lis. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Types of body contouring

You would benefit from an extended abdominoplasty where the incision extends far around the sides to address as much loose skin as possible. Without an in person exam, I can't say if you would have better waistline definition with the fleur-de-lis vertical removal of skin as well. I suggest meeting with a couple  board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in body contouring to explore your options. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Fleur de lis or tummy tuck?

The vertical component of an Abdominoplasty- is used sparingly. This decision is usually best made during the operation, in my opinion. You have a large lower apron of skin and fat. Removal of this- will improve the condition dramatically. Additional vertical component in my opinion - is not readily needed.