Fitness coach and BBL.

I'm a fitness coach and love to workout I do not want to loose my passion in life but i really want to have a BBL. It's really frustrating, I'm scared I will loose the fat please share any tips to maintain the fat please help

Fitness coach and BBL.

The fat that remained after the fat transfer procedure will stay as long as your weight is stable.  It will increase or decrease in proportion to your weight gain or loss. I would recommend an in person consultation.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Fitness coach and BBL.

I have treated many patients in fitness.  The procedure can be very effective for thinner patients, but pictures or an exam would be necessary to provide advice.

Fitness coach and BBL.

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

BBL

Fat survival after fat grafting depends on a few things such as technique used, anatomy, genetics, post operative care etc. Best case scenario, usually about 70% of the transferred fat will survive. Within the first 6 months, about 30% of the fat cells will not survive and will be reabsorbed and passed through your body. Whatever fat is remaining after 6 months, is what will remain as long as your weight remains stable. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Brazilian Butt Lift and Weight Loss

It's a good question and gets to the concept of what happens to fat after it's transferred. After the transferred fat integrates with your body, it does increase or decrease in size relative to your overall weight gain or weight loss.  Other than maintaining a relatively consistent weight after surgery, I don't know of additional ways to maintain fat take after surgery. Additional touchups, or additional fat transfer may be needed. It's not uncommon, four instance, for breast patients to receive a few additional transfers of fat after breast reconstruction or augmentation with fat transfer. Best of luck.