What do you feel needs to be corrected with my nose? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty done to make my nostrils less wise by doing incisions on the side of my nose. I am not happy with my bulbous tip and the exposure of the inside of my nose on a direct and side angle. Please let me know your thoughts and how you would approach this. Thank you for your consideration.

Revision

You healed well but your alar rim margin has been distorted slightly.  I would recommend a cartilage graft to restore the shape of your alar rim.  Also a tip graft to give your tip more projection.  Finally, I would reduce your dorsum slightly for a more refined look.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Nasal tip concerns

From the photos submitted it appears that your tip is dependent and need further projection.  Projection of the tip will accomplish two things simultaneously: it will refine the tip and make it appear less rounded as it meets with the bridge of the nose.  Also, it appears that you have nostril notching which is evident from both the frontal and the profile view.  Given what appears to be thicker nasal skin further cartilage reduction and removal will only exacerbate the bulbous appearance of the tip.  

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. Your nose is slightly short and upturned. The tip is not very defined. A rhinoplasty can help you create more tip projection and definition for a more masculine and refine nose. Nostrils are slightly wide and can be narrowed if necessary but likely not needed. Photos are not clear but a chin implant should be a consideration here for a stronger chin and more balanced profile. Thank you,

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty, that way they can perform a physical examination of your nose and give you the optimal results you desire. From what I can tell from your photographs, it appears your tip is slightly bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. These incisions can be made discretely on the inside of the nose if an open rhinoplasty is out of the question for you. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

Angelo, thanks for your pictures.  What you are experiencing is common - isolated alar base narrowing to aid with bringing the nostrils in can lead to a loss of nasal tip definition.  The problems you have can be improved upon by refining the cartilages of your nasal tip, thereby improving the definition and appearance of your nasal tip such that you create the appropriate lights and shadows around your nose.  While doing this, adjusting the position of these cartilages can improve your nostril position such that you have less columellar show from the sides.  These are all concerns that can be addressed when you have your discussions with your PS.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Surgery Improvement

There are some subtle changes that can be done.  1. The angle from the upper lip to the tip might need to be reduced so as to not show as much nostril on frontal view.  2. The nasal tip can be trimmed and refined in order to give it more definition and to also secondarily reduce the nostril show from the side.  These are issues that you should discuss with your surgeon and I am sure that he or she can address them.  

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD