Fat transfer under eye?

I would like to know if it is safe to get fat transfer on lower eye lid? I had one doctor suggest that I have the fat removed and another doctor suggest fat transfer. My lower lid has milds bags and a bit hollow. Thanks in advance!

Fat transfer under eye?

The answer depends on your appearance and desires.  Both can be true.  Depending on how you look, sometimes removal of fat, re-positioning of fat or fat transfer is recommended. Without pictures or consultation, it is really hard to determine which combination would best work for you.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Fat or no fat

This is tough to answer because adding fat will lessen the hollow and enhance make your lids look better.but also taking away the bulge will improve their appearance.Many times i remove the fat pockets and transplant them along the hollow areas.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer under eye?

Without posted photos very hard to guess which or even if both options would apply??? Best to seek a few more in person opinions.

Under Eye/Fat Transfer?--Eye Bags -- Restylane or Belotero, Clear+Brilliant/Fraxel, Eclipse Micropen, Viva/Intensif

Without a picture it can be difficult to determine. Surgery can be done as well as non invasive options such as lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers and skin care/peels to help this area. Please see an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Fat Transfer Under Eyes

This is a good question.  This is a great procedure for hollowness under the eyes.  I perform this procedure all the time.  Please make sure your surgeon is skilled at doing this procedure. This area is complicated and must be treated very carefully. After having trained with Dr. Bruce Connell, Dr. Henry Baylis, and Dr. Sydney Coleman, I combine the techniques of all these masters and get a great result. Fat transfer under the eyes can be used just as filler can with a longer result. The results are amazing.  It is important that the surgeon know this area and place it in smoothly, otherwise, complications are difficult to remedy. I have repaired bad fat transfer in this area so, it con be fixed if this should occur. It just easier to do it correct the 1st time

Walton Montegut, MD
Newport Beach Physician

Fat transfer to lower lids

Pictures would help us make a recommendation.  If you are already hollow, taking out the fat will make this worse.  In which case you will then need either filler or fat to the lower lids. IF you have some fat pads already in the lid, the best option is to reposition these down into the tear trough.  Often this will be sufficient to fill in the hollowing.  If you don't have much fat there, then a fat transfer is an option.  Fat transfers are tricky to this area, so make sure you go to someone with experience. While they can look great, there is an incidence of lumps and irregularities that can be tough to treat.     

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon